Hasegawa 190 A-5 converted to an A-3

Dave Pratt

The cockpit is now in for good and the gun sight is secured.It's the Quickboost Revi-12 but I cut the front cushion off of it in order to correct the mounting for the 190.I must have knocked the lenses off at least 1/2 a dozen times but it's done...now on to the wings...here's a few more shots...cheers

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

The gun sight was further enhanced with an MV lens plus a wire from the bottom to the control panel...

IMG_1515.jpg

Bill you crack me up still after all these years...what LSP needs is the emoticon for the finger...LOL :unsure:

I've got one of those. Just decided it would be best not to load it onto the site. :wicked:

• 2 months later...

Started more work on the wings...had a slight computer problem (Dave generated as always) but pics will be up soon as possible...the weather is starting to get cooler so building is back in swing...soon to be interrupted by the beginning of Hockey Season...

• 1 month later...

Well the computer problems have been rectified so here goes the continuation of the build.The kit control surfaces are for a late mark aircraft so the entire surface needed to be sanded smooth.Drawings have been enlarged to 1/32 and templates cut out of Tamiya tape...[/img]

IMG_1877.jpgIMG_1881.jpgIMG_1933.jpgIMG_1910.jpgIMG_1919.jpgIMG_1886.jpg

Once these all have a full day to dry I'll wet sand the control surfaces with 600 grit and tone down the appearance of the parts.They look a bit over-done in the pics but up close they are much more subtle...I'll save doing the ailerons until the entire main wing section is completed.This being the first time I've done a process like this I wanted to try the small parts first to see if it was actually going to work...so far I'm happy with the outcome..IMG_1929.jpgIMG_1892.jpg