MDC Hawker Typhoon

JamesHatch

Hi all,

Nope, I never did a build log for this as it was my first complete resin kit and I didn't know if it would just be an epic fail on my part. I also used exclusively Filla-Glu products to assemble too, with 2-part pump epoxy for the fuze, and different grade CA's for the rest. The gaps in the wing roots had some Filla-Powda added then a wicking grade CA to complete the 'fill'.

The model was preshaded. All paints are Gunze, and the model is finished in several coats of Klear in between washing with MIG Dark Wash etc. Varnish is Xtracolor's XDFF. Chipping is with Prismacolor pencil and metallic aluminium Humbrol enamel. Decals are the new Aviaeology ones, which are fantastic and were real good with the Micro Sol solution. I used Tamiya weathering pastels for a lot of after-paint work and to fade some panels. Some post shading with Tamiya Smoke was also used.

The kit was great to build, though I think I got a rogue port wing - fuselage joint which required extreme surgery.....still it's a test of my patience and helps me learn. I used the MDC vac cockpit, though I would possibly use the Paul Fisher Sea Fury one if I built this again. I added the MDC High Explosive rocket set, and because of this, I deleted the wing leading edge lights as per the real machine. This was done with Filla-Glue's epoxy putty.

Seatbelts are Radu's wonderful new Sutton Harness ones.

Got to say, all kudos to MDC for a wonderful kit, and to MDC Bob for my constant mithering! :)

This model will be used by Filla-Glu in their next advertising campaign. I hope you like. :bow:

DSC03937.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

DSC03939.jpg

DSC03942.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

DSC03947.jpg

Thats got to be one of the nicest "Tiffies" Ive seen done! Even without a sharkmouth they still looked like they could fly down and bring a whole lot of hurt to the enemy.

very nice job!

Paul

:thumbsup:

DSC03950.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

DSC03952.jpg

DSC03953.jpg

Great build James!!! I've got the old Revell car-door kit on it's way from Brian (aka Out2gtcha) and hope to do the MDC version down the track.

Certainly looks the part with that wicked shark mouth decals!

Cheers,

Jeff M

Brisbane