More new decals for 1/32 Spitfire IXs...

R Palimaka

One sheet is 9 Canadian pilots, the other is a D-Day sheet with a mix of 4 Canadian, 2 Polish and one Brit.

I've been hoping someone would come out with A.Gabszewicz's aircraft (SZ-G) with the "Boxing Bulldog" cartoon and the 316 Squadron badge.

As for the rest, Canadians seem well covered with some nice nose art.

Not sure when they are going to be released.

Cheers,

Richard

Seems funny that decal makers don't know what's being produced. Several Canadian options on that sheet are already done. It's nice to have Cdn options, but some folks really need to do their homework before producing their work. I would have liked those sheets for the other options, but I am not going to pay big money for options I already have thanks to EE...Sheesh I shake my head..

Brad

According to revisionist "historians" it seems not. It'll no doubt come to light that RJ Mitchell was born and bred in Edmonton, never set foot in England, or should that be england? The Spitfire was built in Ottowa, and the battle of britain was fought over British Columbia... amused..?

According to revisionist "historians" it seems not. It'll no doubt come to light that RJ Mitchell was born and bred in Edmonton, never set foot in England, or should that be england? The Spitfire was built in Ottowa, and the battle of britain was fought over British Columbia... amused..?

:) Just pokin fun, I hope nobody takes offense?

The Spitfire and Lancaster are my all time favorite airplanes. Last year I flew myself and my dad to Duxford for the Sept. airshow. I've been to the the UK more times than I can count but it was his first trip (and something he's wanted to do all his life) Seeing 11 Spitfires in the air at the same time was a life time experiance for both of us. Both growing up in RAF/RCAF training ground zero (Small town Western Canada) we are hugh RAF/RCAF aircraft fans.

Cheers

Ron

A little... :)

Brad

anyone have a direct link for hussar?

the airconnection link doesn't actually show anything more than two miniscule pictures....

I've poked around on Google for a bit and it seems they don't have a dedicated website. From what I can gather Hussar is headed up by the owner of AirConnection, and those little thumbnails on the "Upcoming" page are all I could find. Would be nice to see tham a little bigger.

It is a shame some of the schemes are repeats, but I don't think on the whole manufacturers are all that open these days to sharing information with each other. With a release like the PCM and Tamiya Spit IXs I think they select interesting subjects and get the artwork started in the hopes they are first. Certainly there are still some good new choices there, and with the sheets from Victory, Hannants, EE and others, we're starting to get some colourful options. Odd though how disproportionately well Canadians seem to be represented on all the sheets.

Cheers,

Richard

Hussar is a byline of AirConnection. I believe they started with the incredable T-34 book and then started resin and now it seems going to aircraft. They are probably aircraft the maker liked My thoughts.

James

:speak_cool: Just pokin fun, I hope nobody takes offense?

The Spitfire and Lancaster are my all time favorite airplanes. Last year I flew myself and my dad to Duxford for the Sept. airshow. I've been to the the UK more times than I can count but it was his first trip (and something he's wanted to do all his life) Seeing 11 Spitfires in the air at the same time was a life time experiance for both of us. Both growing up in RAF/RCAF training ground zero (Small town Western Canada) we are hugh RAF/RCAF aircraft fans.

Cheers

Ron

No offence taken Ron, I've just got a dry sense of humour...

Why repeat common knowledge? :punk:

:P

BTW, that little town with the statue of a dame holding a candle over her head is called Nieuw-Amsterdam, not New -insert some obscure English city-!

:)

And now off to the workbench again!

Cheers mates!

Erik.

BTW, hope that the Eduard Mk.XVIe will come with decals for 322 (Dutch) Sqn........ :wicked: