Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

Oliver...............I..........I dont know what to say dude...........Ur a freakin mad man............

Your brass and detail skills are awesome.

I dont care who you are or what skill level you model at...........we can ALL recognize the difference between average modeling skills and SCARY good modeling skills.

You got it brother. Kudos man. Were all enjoying this, with the slight exception (and I feel fairly confident that I speak for most) that of having to wrestle between the notion of looking at your stuff and feeling slightly depressed about our own stuff, and looking at your stuff and taking some of the "whats actually possible" back and injecting some of that mojo into our stuff........

Keep it up mate. :BANGHEAD2:

Oli,

Please excuse my response........holy crap. Pity your going to paint that. I dont know a word or words that I can use to describe your work...lets stick with holy crap.

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Before closing everything up I wanted to take a look at the awful windshield gaps. Such a great kit and a poorly design clear part.

Here are some photos of the process and maybe the cure for it. I am still working on a solution for the gaps ...I think I am close .

Oliver

THIS IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACHIVE

medevachuey1864.jpg

medevachuey1866.jpg

medevachuey1868.jpg

medevachuey1862.jpg

medevachuey1869.jpg

medevachuey1870.jpg

medevachuey1871.jpg

medevachuey1872.jpg

I keep forgetting about the plastic part of this build!

Is the molded framing warped, or the clear bits not formed properly?

Hi

Combination of both. the plastic part is too small for the frame in some areas and too wide at the top.

It must be fix before I go any further.

Oliver

Hi

Combination of both. the plastic part is too small for the frame in some areas and too wide at the top.

It must be fix before I go any further.

Oliver

I know that you probably thought of this already. What about making a male blank and vac forming a new clear part in the correct dimensions?

I know that you probably thought of this already. What about making a male blank and vac forming a new clear part in the correct dimensions?

Hi

Someone had mentioned that as well. I have no experience with vaccuform whatsoever....but id love to try it.

Oliver

Just a suggestion - going back to the reference photo, there is an aluminium frame riveted around the windshield.

So maybe you could use aluminium foil/sheet to make a new frame around the transparent parts, big enough to cover the gap?