Swordfish Bits

Bob MDC

Hi,

Could do with a bit of feed back apart from ordinance and some PE we are looking at smooth tyres I was thinking about using the soft resin I use for tractor tyres and also our oxygen hose , it's not a rubber but a proper resin thats soft and can be coloured so grey black could be an option.

I have heard a lot of negetive about soft/rubber type tyres but I would like to give an alternative so let me know what you think.

Bob

MDC

Must admit I'd prefer the usual hard tyre resin for the wheels, got the soft-type resin wheels from Radu's Spitfire XIV conversion, but much prefer the Warbirds hard resin wheels, not a criticism, just expressing a preference.

I never had a problem with the old vinyl tires ( my Hasegawa F6F still looks good after over 25 years). I for one like the idea, especially for oxygen hoses. I'd like to see the tires. Thanks Bob.

Dan

Bob,

I have never seen the Trumpeter kit in the flesh, so I do not know what options come with it. However, if not already included, a Mk.III conversion/detail set (with decals) would be nice? (I like the all black RAF radar equipped Swordfish :().

Cheers

Derek

(PS Did anyone, like the RCAF for instance, ever use an enclosed canopy version of the Swordfish? If so, that could be yet another idea?).

Apparently were only fro the pilot, and possibly the navigator, the TAG had a dog leag type arrangment conendtion him to aircraft , clearly only pilots were important enough to be strapped in!

Speaking of Swordfish bits, just what color should the torpedo be? The "all black" of the kit makes me wonder as I've seen other built up kits that have a copper colored front end, or all black with an aluminum rear and/or brass propellers.

Any ideas?

TimW

• 3 months later...
Hi,

Could do with a bit of feed back apart from ordinance and some PE we are looking at smooth tyres I was thinking about using the soft resin I use for tractor tyres and also our oxygen hose , it's not a rubber but a proper resin thats soft and can be coloured so grey black could be an option.

I have heard a lot of negetive about soft/rubber type tyres but I would like to give an alternative so let me know what you think.

Bob

MDC

Bob,

My kit arrived last week, and while I am stoked to get it, bit disappointed when i had a look inside the box. I have also only just received the Warpaint book on the swordfish, and can see that it would ahve been nice to have the underwing hard points fitted (especially to MK1 Floatplanes) to add. That said I am seriously considering making a pair of floats and sitting this thing on a scratch catapult, now that I have soem drawings of the floats and strut arrangements. So in essence I guess some underwing hardpoints/ordanance, maybe even a mine in place of the torpedo and perhaps floats? Just my thoughts, I'm in no rush, ahve 2 f-14s, 2 f-16s, lightning and 2 spit to seafire conversions in 1/24 lined up before this... oh and eurofighter

Andy

Bob,

I have never seen the Trumpeter kit in the flesh, so I do not know what options come with it. However, if not already included, a Mk.III conversion/detail set (with decals) would be nice? (I like the all black RAF radar equipped Swordfish :lol:).

Cheers

Derek

(PS Did anyone, like the RCAF for instance, ever use an enclosed canopy version of the Swordfish? If so, that could be yet another idea?).

Hi Derek

Hope this helps for the RCAF/RN -top aircraft, (posted under Fair Use)

FILE0709.jpg

Hope this helps

Alan