'Heavies' part 6

Glenn R

Finally, the hardest one of them all and the one I finished yesterday. The Shackleton.

PICT0207.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

PICT0212.jpg

I make no excuses for the balsa blocks under the fuselage, it's just too heavy to balance. Hope you like them.

Now onto something a little more managable!

Regards,

Glenn

Of course we like them Glenn! Fantastic work on each and every model. I've loved following your stuff over on Britmodeller, and I'm glad you've popped over here to share them with us here at LSP.

Kev

Another beaut. A question though. Why are they painted with dayglow orange when it has target tow stripes?

Is that another identifier or and interem paint scheme between 2 paint eras?

James

Another beaut. A question though. Why are they painted with dayglow orange when it has target tow stripes?

Is that another identifier or and interem paint scheme between 2 paint eras?

James

The aircraft was used by the Royal Aircraft Establishment for various trials and gained the target-tug stripes during some tug trials. This is the scheme worn in the 1960's and was the most colourful scheme she wore.

Regards,

Glenn

The aircraft was used by the Royal Aircraft Establishment for various trials and gained the target-tug stripes during some tug trials. This is the scheme worn in the 1960's and was the most colourful scheme she wore.

Regards,

Glenn

Cool, Thanks

James