P-51b

francky

That is suuuuperb!

I love it.

I have been gathering information on the B for a while and I recently received about 200 sheets of original factory drawings as well as a maintenance manual and parts catalogue from Arthur Bentley. When comparing the Trumpeter kit to that info, it turns out that this P51B is quite accurate in outline and dimensions. There are a few issues here and there, but nothing major. Furthermore, that "assertion" that the wing is lacking laminar flow profile is simply poppycock. The "laminar flow" is present in the kit wing parts and the photos above (look at the wingtip in the profile photo) prove that it is very present.

Well done again Franck!

Radu

an excellent build franck-----and made all the more interesting to me, and i imagine a few others, by radu's---ex arthur bently drawings etc.---- statement that actually it is quite accurate (outline wise i mean, details i know could and can be improved). it certainly looks good the way you have done it franck, and whetted my appetite (whilst still hoping jerry is still considering giving the big airfix a bit of his expertise).

dave.

Terrific model!!!

The only point that really annoys me regarding the outline of the Trumpy kit is the rear windows (afaik, their upper edge should be noticeably higher). Otherwise, as Radu said, the kit is very far from being bad. Some details like the lights or the cockpit contents can be easily corrected or updated.

Wow, that is one great P-51!

This kit does seams to built up nicely: is it OOB?

What ever the answer, I like it a lot.

One question... the back ground looks kind of familiar to me, can I ask where you live?

Cheers,

Loic

Hello All,

thank you very much for all your nice commnets the kit is built with anAires cockpit and the True details wheels.

The kit is really easy to built.

For Loic,i live between Geneva and Annecy...in France....where do you live??

All the best FRANCK.

Hi Franck,

Beautiful Stang, really B E A U T I F U L !

Its good to see a finished Mustang here in the end, there are some Stang builds in here with superdetail and error corrections whatever, but your P-51 just looks pretty much like a stang even without all the fuzz. Good work! This encourages me to get my Trump D out after finishing the Typhoon... <_<

Cheers

Jerry

Salut Franck,

je me disait que ce paysage semblait bien francais, le poteau en particulier!

J'habite un peu plus au sud, près d'Avignon mais j'ai vécu à Grenoble et ma belle famille habite en Haute Savoie.

J'adore cette région... surtout l'été <_<

Puis je STP te demander si tu connais une bonne boutique de modellisme dans les environs d'Annecy?

A+

Guys, sorry for the French language....

Loic