Jump to content

Mr Creosote

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    197
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Mr Creosote

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie
  • Birthday 02/14/1960

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • Location
    East of Laramie
  • Interests
    Aircraft WW2 mainly. All eras really. I would like to build more large scale civilian aircraft. I am also restoring a 1963 Studebaker Avanti.

Recent Profile Visitors

542 profile views
  1. Thanks Mike. That's what I achieved or close to it. Richard
  2. John, I think that's right. My reference is Aerodata International "Fighters Of World War II Vol 1 " published in 1980. The Hurricane drawings show the top, span-wise datum line, of the wing panels being flat, with the bottom, span-wise datum line, of the wing tapering up,3 1/2 degrees to the tip. At any rate it looks right to me. Merry Christmas. Richard
  3. The fit of the wing to the fuselage is better than I expected it to be. For me to get the best fit took some dry fitting and minor trimming. All of this work was done at the front and rear joins of the wing center section. It was no big task and is sort of to be expected of a short run kit. The center section area was the first area glued up. CA was used as an adhesive. At that point the wing roots themselves had large[ish] gaps with the widest being about a 1/16th". I checked the alignment at this point and decided the wing did not have proper dihedral. Granted Hurricanes don't have much di
  4. The wing and fuselage joined up. The fit up was better than I expected. Cleaning it up shouldn't be too bad. RD
  5. So. Picking up on this project I re-did the Sutton Harness in order to make it a bit more accurate. The windscreen has been added and faired in. The framing on the inside of the windscreen was masked and painted prior to fitting. Another view. Not the greatest pictures but I think you'll the general idea. The tail planes have been added. They are held firmly on by use of brass tubing "spars" with matching holes drilled through the tail planes. There were gaps between them and fuselage. These were not too bad and easily filled and finished.
  6. Admins please move this to Works In Progress. Thanks.
  7. The instrument panel after being fit and glued up into the fuselage. Not the best picture but I think it serves the purpose. To try to get a better fit and bond the forward or front was beveled somewhat. The gloss at the join is some CA that came through. Clear flat was used as a fix even though I doubt that edge would be visible once complete but you never know. The cockpit frame work and seat painted up and about ready to install. The lap belts were installed the wrong way around. I corrected this later. These are Eduard's Early RAF Seatbelts -Steel. [323872]. Prepainted and very
  8. I have started the build. Once I started sorting out the cockpit parts I noticed that the photoetch was gone. I thought ,at first, that I may have to abandon this project, at least for the time being but decided to look through the instructions to see what photoetched parts went where. As it turned out it was the instrument panel, seat belts, rudder pedal straps and radiator grills and detail. I have mesh for the radiator, etched seatbelts in the stash, a choice of materials for the rudder pedal straps and either buy a Yahu or other instrument panel or scratch build one. I decided to a
  9. Great choices! Looking forward to seeing your builds.
  10. I am leaning towards P3901 of #303 Sqn. If that was your choice I'll pick another. Probably "Ginger" Lacey's V7357.
  11. I'm in with this one. I plan to build it Out-Of-The-Box including using kit decals.
×
×
  • Create New...