1/32 F4F

stusbke

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol:

Hi guys I'm back in business and I hope things go well from here on, I've started with the new nose sections and got some outside work done first I added the two missing diagonal braces on the left and right sides. And I filled up some panel lines already so I wouldn't forget them later

two pictures

post-1504-1160253319_thumb.jpg

post-1504-1160253350_thumb.jpg

you can also notice I opened up the gun door, wich I plan to do too. I already kinda started it I just need to figure out what you can actualy see of it once installed. I'm still looking for a way to replace those vents on the gun bulge so any tips I glady take in consideration

Ok now here's the good news I've started with the new cockpit set. I now realise what the problems were with my first try so I'm taking better care not to make any mistakes and make sure everthing adds up. Also I noticed that the kit parts have to be taken in consideration too otherwise things will look verry wierd. :lol: B)

Anyway here's a first glimps of things to come

post-1504-1160253689_thumb.jpg

Voila I know its not much but I'm getting there for sure B)

I hope to be back soon with some more :P

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Ok guys I have been following the tweak list and I'm rebuilding me a new cockpit, but now I've stumbled onto this:

QOUTE " Front instruments glare shield is misshaped. Reshape it, use one from an aftermarket cockpit set or modify a leftover Tamiya F-4D part. Gunsight (LCOSS) is not really correct either."

Now I'm getting confused here useing parts from a D version to make an E/F version look good?? ok :lol:

Can anyone please tell what's excactly wrong with it and explain it withg some pictures/ drawings

TIA

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Frederick,

Good to see you back at work on the Phantom. Your detail work thus far has been incredible. I still can't get over the burner cans you detailed. Simply marvelous. Please keep us posted on your progress. Great work.

Geoff

Hello Frederick!

As I wrote this phrase, I guess I should be able to reply!

Revell front instrument shield is simply misshaped!

Accordingly, as depiction of the cover is far better in Tamiya kits, it makes more sense to use the part from a Tamiya kit or to copy it. BTW, I mentioned the D kit but you can use the same part from the Tamiya E.

There are not a lot of large differences between Delta and Echo cockpits (more particularly regarding the front one). F was based on the Echo one and is consequently very similar.

In the C/D kit, you have two different parts. If you build a Charlie, you'll yet have the Delta part as a left over one! Obviously, you do not have such a choice in the E kit...

I'd be really glad to send you a picture or a drawing but none I've here seems to give a good view of this area. Generally, sun is reflected in the windshield and prevents any good view. Unfortunately, on a scale kit, this is very visible! I've surely a better pic but as I've some dozens of Phantom books as well as hundreds of digital pics, well... you'll simply have to trust me here!

Regards from another Phantomoholic!

:lol:

Ok guys I'm still looking for some more info on the front instrument shield

If you have the tamiya D kit would you please take some pictures of it so I can

at least have a look on whta it's supposed to look like :rolleyes:

Also I noticed that phantom drivers didn't have a verry good front vision as the canopy

rail seems to be filled with switches and meters :lol:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Hey Stuss...

Hey man, what pics were you looking for? I have been super busy with school. Last week we had to submit our 70 page research reports, then this week we have to do 500 sketches, and design and CAD model a chair, while we do the 500 sketches. All in addition to my other 4 classes! It's a killer.

I have dropped off the face of the planet, but I want to help you with your project , so let me know what pics you need and I'll send them.

Pete

Ah, I just went back and found the email you sent. I'll send you the JPEG of the patterns I used to cut my sills and the pics of the rear cockpit area that may help you.

I'm working on the rear cockpit first as this one has the most stuff to put in to and I still need to make those sills I hope to finisch those this week ;). So far I've just finisched with the back end of the rear cockpit two pictures for today

first one this is how far I've got today

post-1504-1161033733_thumb.jpg

Installed it looks like this

post-1504-1161034166_thumb.jpg

I know this is not much but I'm getting there I'm definatly not rushing things anymore as this is what screwed up my first attempt at the first place. Anyway a lot needs to be build but I hope I can keep this speed up as things get a bit more complicated once the side consoles are up for the making. ;)

anyway I hope to be back soon with more :rolleyes:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Ps thanx to everyone who's is helping me out with the pictures and all thanx aprreciate it big time B)