Foiled Trumpy PLAAF Mig-15

Out2gtcha

Surprise!

I finished this one up a long LONG time ago but never posted any pics of the RFI really. (I dont think). I was in a flamethrower mood today, and found my Mig-15 Photobucket folder so here you go (and yes K1 you can post on the site :lol: )

Trumpeter 1/32nd Mig-15 BIS kit. *INSERT SIMPSONS COMIC BOOK GUY VOICE HERE* Worst fitting kit EVER.

- I used stock interior with a resin BIS seat (dont remember from who), with real nice resin IP cover and full Big Ed PE treatment.

- Polished hypodermic tubing for oleos and MLG pistons

- Master Caster weighted resin wheels

- Hypodermic tubing for x2 23mm cannon & x1 37mm cannon & Pitot tube

- Decals for PLAAF 4115 from spares + OOB

- Modified and ground off erroneous braces on canopy - polished + Futured

- Reynolds Wrap foil exterior

- Model Master enamel paint

- Flory Models wash + Tamiya weathering pallets

The interior actually turned out pretty decent but dont really have any real shots of the pit. Hey-ho...........

mig1.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Really p##$% me that I didnt see that the flat spot on the nose gear wasn't actually resting flat in some of the pics. GRRRR. :lol: Oh well, missed that one.

Thanks for lookin in on me and cheers!

Ahh crap!

I thought I looked long and hard for an RFI! Durnit!

Well NBD........REPEAT! :lol:

Not sure whether you've posted it in RFI before Brian, but you've certainly shown it here before somewhere. But as you say (I think?), not big deal.

Kev

Very nice MiG good paint work and it is really good looking, but unfortunately your model has some critical mistakes: the first is wrong canopy, the second is - the fencers are too wide, the third - there is antenna? and finally - the cockpit and wheel bays had a bit lighter color.

Kraseevee rabot!

Jason, kraseevaya rabota ;)

Thanks guys!

No prob. Yeah there are a LOT of issues not only with the kit, but issues I didnt really feel like correcting.

Olger, you should have seen the canopy before I took the other bracing out! It was REALLY wrong.

The only other option was a vac canopy, so I didnt want to use that and just decided to modify what I had. Fences could have been replace w/PE fences but meh..........couldnt be bothered at the time. As to the wheel well color, the whole pit and wells did turn out a bit darker than I wanted but Ive never been too bothered by color variences. I had a pre-mixed MM color and just went with it.

The kit was SO poor fitting, and it took So much energy to get it even put together, that I just wanted it finished and really didnt other with a lot of changes/mods that could have been done.

Cheers,

Olger, you should have seen the canopy before I took the other bracing out! It was REALLY wrong.

I've finished the same kit recently and I saw the kit's canopy, so I know that it's completely wrong, that's why I replaced it and used vac one from Squadron. I can show you my model only in the middle of November

As one who has built that kit, I can say: Friggin incredibly amazing. If you said it was a picture of a Tamiya 1/48 MiG-15 - expertly finished - I'd believe you. Respect !!

I didn't look that deeply into the accuracy issues. Fitted a PE cockpit and a bit more PE, but that was it. I certainly did not paint it NMF. Only positive thing I can say is that it's not bad considering the price (and it's dirt cheap where I got it)

019.jpg