Nurenberg Toy Fair 2015 more images

dutik

Sad, there is not a lot of really new things LSP wise. At least we have a look at some interesting AM resin.

Personally I am happy to see a new Somua 35 made by Tamiya (I am in need of one for an armored train project, better than Heller and cheaper than full resin kits) as well as to see the plethora of modern russian stuff coming from Trumpeter and other Far East companies.

Regards

- dutik

p.s. And we know that both a Mirage III C and E are coming!

Edited by dutik

It looks like Trumpeter have lost their interest in producing lots of LSP's for a while!

'The focus is much more on Maritime and Miitary Vehicles although the expansion of 1/16 tank subjects meeets with my approval, I would like to see them deliver the promised aircraft outstanding from many years ago.

Everyone was desperate for their Devastator but sadly nothing coming as of yet?

A great opportunity for other manufacturers though, 

Airfix and Revell have calmed down this year somewhat but could indicate more interesting stuff to come in 2016 maybe?

2015 looks like being a fantastic year for the modeler already, the only problem now is affording it all!!!

Very happy days.  :thumbsup:

Trumpeter is slowly going through the list of kits announced for ages.

I'm not sure they started a new LSP project for at least three or four years. So, the trend is not changing. I don't know the main reason behind this but this is a fact. Hopefully, this is more than compensated by other Chinese/Eastern producers so the amount of new kits is not really lower. I agree that some years ago, we thought that the release pace would increase noticeably because of the arrival of some new players in this arena (such as Meng or Squadron). Currently, this does not seem to be the case as some other companies have also slowed down the amount of released large scale kits (Special Hobby/MPM/Azur being another example).

The market will probably evolve again as companies such as Fly or KittyHawk are recent but not new actors and they seem to be willing to fill some gaps. I've no doubt this will have an influence on the other ones. Wait and see.