F-101 Voodoo

Grizly

One aircraft I'd dearly like to see in 1/32 scale is the F-101 Voodoo. The old 1/48 Monogram kit is good but a new mold 1/32 scale kit would be, as Tony the Tiger sez, "GREAT". I know a new kit is in the works in 1/48 scale. Anybody have a crystal ball that indicates the future holds a big brother of the 48th kit?

101057.jpg

I've had a hand in modelling for some 55 years but have never tried a card model other than for a 00 scale engine shed to go with my Hornby and Bachmann locomotives. The card model certainly worked for the shed but I have doubts about how well they would work for an aircraft. Maybe I'm wrong but will still hold out for that elusive plastic kit in the future.

Nothing in the works and I wouldn't hold my breath

I think the Voodoo is almost more Canadian than American since as kids we lived with them at airshows long after they went out of USAF service,  beside's Tiawan we are the only other country to use it and it doesn't seem to be a big hit in the US. The Thud and 104 seem to be more popular. 

I'd love to see a 1/32 Voodoo, but I can't see it making the cut as a subject.

Speaking of Century series fighters, I know it will NEVER EVER happen but I have always wanted a Ultra Saber in our scale.  A 1/32nd F-107 would be totally killer..............but i guess there are other more obscure subjects that came out in 1/32nd (IE XF5U, forthcoming Ho 229 ect, ect) so getting a 1/32nd F-101 or an 1/32nd F-107 wouldn't be totally out of the question.

I did the Century series in 48th years ago, and I'd dearly love to do the same again in 32nd , but like the others here, I'm not holding my breath ,, one snipit that has stayed with me , am I right in thinking that the Voodoo is the same length as a C-47 .. that's a BIG jet!

I did the Century series in 48th years ago, and I'd dearly love to do the same again in 32nd , but like the others here, I'm not holding my breath ,, one snipit that has stayed with me , am I right in thinking that the Voodoo is the same length as a C-47 .. that's a BIG jet!

We have an F-101 a few miles from my house at the SAC museum, and although Im not sure about its size in relation to a C-47, I AM sure about it being BIG.

You can see just HOW big here in relation to the two-hole F-80 hanging in proximity above the Voodoo:

F-101B%20001_resize.JPG

(Credit to/Pics by Darwin)