1:18 Scale B-17G Flying Fortress Forward Fuselage

53 minutes ago, JayW said:

Pat - so many questions.  How did you come up with the perforations on the radio face?  Also, how did you make those realistic looking padded tube clamps?

Hi Jay, the perforations were printed into the part, at the time when I was drawing I figured that they would end up printing as recesses, much to my suprise they came out as through holes !!! I think my front wall thickness is about .020 maybe .025 the whole box is hollow and I put no back in it as it would'nt be seen.

The tube clamps are printed, bought some soft aluminum wire to simulate all the oxygen lines and based my clamp drawing with the bushing and screw head as one part basing the I.D. of the clamp to fit the wire.

Looking forward to some more P-51 updates !!!

Pat

Glued the fuselage halves together, finished up the inside of the nose compartment other than some of the Bombardier's station which I needed to leave off until I finish exterior work around that area. Started to do some "Tin Knocking" .005 hardened aluminum sheet glued with cantact cement. Embossing rivet heads from the backside of the panels before their applied...

Pat

z2s45at.jpgf423PM5.jpgRNGv1Pt.jpgraEsKU7.jpgXM6GUGn.jpg