Spitfire MK IIa, crowbar or not?

40 minutes ago, 19squadron said:

Why are you asking? Building a Revell kit? or the Hasegawa? or converting a Tamiya MkIXc?

6 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Excellent, just what I was after. I'm considering starting on my Revell kit (assuming I can actually find it), and Barracuda makes a couple of different doors.

:coolio:

Edited by MikeC

4 hours ago, MikeC said:

I believe the mod to introduce them was a retrospective one, so any Mk IIs in service subsequently may have had them fitted.

The reality is, crowbars actually appeared in aircraft long after the clips to carry them, by which time most MkII's were either converted to MkV's or were on charge at OTU's.

1 hour ago, 19squadron said:

The reality is, crowbars actually appeared in aircraft long after the clips to carry them, by which time most MkII's were either converted to MkV's or were on charge at OTU's.

Absolutely right.

Edited by MikeC

7 hours ago, 19squadron said:

Why are you asking? Building a Revell kit? or the Hasegawa? or converting a Tamiya MkIXc?

Revell kit, the later, all new version. At least that's the plan at the moment.

30 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Revell kit, the later, all new version. At least that's the plan at the moment.

Cool

The biggest problem with that kit is it is 2mm too long between the spinner and cockpit, and too wide through the fuselage between engine and cockpit, both issues can be remedied.

Have you a particular airframe? time period in mind?

22 hours ago, monthebiff said:

2mm out, thats a shocker making the whole thing unbuildable surely? In the meantime I do like a bit of Crowbar :punk:

Why should it be unbuildable? 2mm is easily fixed.

And there are some here who are interested in that sort of information.

Personally, I’d rather see that encouraged.

2 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Why should it be unbuildable? 2mm is easily fixed.

And there are some here who are interested in that sort of information.

Personally, I’d rather see that encouraged.

I do apologise for my terrible humour :clap2:Many a kit have been lambasted and been labelled unbuildable for less than this! Maybe time to go get back to the subject and go and get the Crowbar :D

On 1/25/2024 at 10:46 PM, monthebiff said:

For some, yes, others will enjoy the challenge - many people just enjoy building OOB without, making corrections, others take the greatest pleasure in doing the research to make a model accurate and detailed.

I have not seen one build on LSP or FB where any of the legion of errors - even in the cockpit which are relatively easily corrected with some scratch building - have been incorporated into the build. Which is really surprising since some of the errors are huge! But there you go!

Each to his own!