Hasegawa F-86F-40 "Blue Impulse" Finished

Ayovan

12 hours ago, Ayovan said:

So I have decals for the tail codes and the modex on the nose, but they are ancient. They'll probably fall apart once they hit water. I was thinking I could clear coat  before I try to use them. Never done it before.

Is there a particular clear you guys would recommend?

Get yourself some Microscale Liquid Decal Film.

Kev

22 minutes ago, Ayovan said:

Thanks Kev. I'm going to paint. I asked Bill, Citadelgrad to run me off some stencils, to which he graciously agreed.

No worries - good solution! You'll find that the Microscale Liquid Decal Film is handy to have around anyway. If you ever print your own decals, for example, it's essential.

Kev

5 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Great job!

Colorful and eye catching paint finish!

Alain

Thank you Alain. It is coming together. All the parts are ready. I just need to finish up the paint work and a couple small decals before giving it a finish coat of gloss.

Andy

47 minutes ago, themongoose said:

Love it! Plus i never knew it was orange underneath, go figure! That lower fuselage looks good, man orange is hard to spray.

I knew it was orange on the bottom, but what I never knew was the underside of the wings were silver, while the tops are white.

MRP paints are pretty easy to spray.  Basically 3 coats. 1st coat is just a mist coat, second coat is for color, and 3rd coat is for shine. Lacquer lays down pretty nice, so there isn't an over abundance of build up, and when it gets cleared there is hardly any  masking edge. MRP paints make it easy to look like I know what I'm doing, even when I don't.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan