Kabuki Sheets - Where can I get these?

Juggernut

I asked this over at Scale Model Paint Masks site as well.  Looking for appropriately sized kabuki tape sheets to use for cutting masks.  Does anyone know where I can get these sheets? Preferably in the U.S. but I'm not adverse to ordering from outside the U.S. if the shipping doesn't kill me.  I have Oramask 810 but for some things, I just would prefer the kabuki tape.

Edited by Juggernut

20 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Thanks; and if you use Silouette Studio software, what paper size does this correspond to noting that the paper size given in 240 x 180 mm.?

I think they are A4 sized sheets if I recall correctly, I bulk bought them ages ago when they were half price. I cut them in half to roughly be A5. I haven’t used the silhouette for a long time though as all that stuff was put away when I was selling my house and haven’t got around to dragging my model stuff out again as the sale fell through and I’m now waiting for my Garden Office/Workshop to be put up and set up so forgive me on any Silhouette haziness.

14 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Thanks; and if you use Silouette Studio software, what paper size does this correspond to noting that the paper size given in 240 x 180 mm.?

Use the "Custom" media size setting, and either type the numbers in or use the "sliders" on the screen.

8 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey Tim, it's the same as Tamiya tape. It doesn't matter the size of the sheet.

Just change the media size in your software to get things where you want them.

These sheets are made specifically for masking machines. I wouldn't go with HLJ,

the shipping is where they get 'ya  :o

Thanks Mike.  I'll order from Amazon.

7 hours ago, MikeC said:

Use the "Custom" media size setting, and either type the numbers in or use the "sliders" on the screen.

I just yesterday purchased the Sillouette  upgraded edition so I should be able to find those settings someplace.  I'm still relatively new to the software but thanks for the tip.

Well no, I wasn't aware of that so thanks for enlightening me.  I was searching using the term "kabuki" so none of those results came up.  The Tamiya sheets from Amazon are somewhat less expensive than from Sprue Brothers (by about 10%) plus I got free shipping - still had to pay sales tax though :(.  The MiG AMMO stuff in purple is "Low-Tack" so I don't think I'd be wanting those but they may have a good application someplace.  I don't know as if I trust Border Model without knowing exactly what material they're using.

Edited by Juggernut

17 hours ago, Juggernut said:

The MiG AMMO stuff in purple is "Low-Tack" so I don't think I'd be wanting those but they may have a good application someplace. 

It does , I used it on my 109D canopy, it forms nicely and moves well when wet with soapy water.

The sheets are pretty small tho.