1/32 F-16D block 52+ Royal Moroccan Air Force

Zola25

Hi All

Finally brought this one across the finish line and got around to taking some pictures.

This is the 1/32 Academy SUFA kit converted into a Royal Moroccan Air Force F-16D block 52+

I have always loved the RMAF camouflage on their F-16´s so I knew I had to build one eventually.

Getting the decals together proved especially difficult as almost nothing exists in 1/32 and certainly not for the F-16 fleet. It is a mix of generic decals, Moroccan decals in various scales for various aircraft and black F-16 stencils for a Polish block 52. The red "Ejection seat" triangles are unique to the Moroccan F-16´s but luckily I remembered having seen them on a sheet for the "Wraith" Aggressor aircraft - so had to buy 2 sets of those  :rolleyes:

The weapons are all aftermarket; AIM-120C´s and Sniper pod are from Eduard as well as the BRU-57´s. The GBU-54´s are from Videoaviation. The AIM-9X is from Brengun and the ACMI pod is from Bandit Resin Factory. 

I also used the excellent SUFA cockpit from Wolfpack, Aires wheelbays and a Block 52+ conversion set from Grand Models. This set contains, amongst other things, the correct tail fairings, nose gear door and various antennas - great set at a good price.

I also used the KASL exhaust but ended up only using the outer piece. The inner ring was not a good fit so I used the kit part for that. 

You can find the build thread here:  https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/94671-f-16d-block-52-royal-moroccan-air-force-done/

Picture time...

CkhVrk.jpgUixiB7.jpgMGXo9S.jpgu9qVjr.jpglGNCf8.jpgcy0JJu.jpgZF2lhp.jpgTKgplo.jpg

Thanks for looking

/Niels

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

That’s a show stopper right there Niels. I love the colours, the load out is excellent, and as ever….your execution of the build is top notch.

Thanks a lot Pete - and although I hate to say it, I am actually looking forward to building something other than an F-16 as the next model :D

But - more 16´s to come in the future

/Niels

5 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Niels!

I am a Viper guy.

That is a damn fine Viper model!

Nicely done-

cheers

Pete

Thank You very much Pete - I love the models you build so that means a lot.

..and I am infinitely jealous of anyone who can introduce himself as a "Viper Guy" ^_^

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

5 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Thanks a lot Pete - and although I hate to say it, I am actually looking forward to building something other than an F-16 as the next model :D

But - more 16´s to come in the future

/Niels

I hear ya there buddy, I’m all 16’d out myself at the minute, with 2 left in the Viper Pit.

I’m giving myself a break by building a couple of F-15s instead. 

19 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I hear ya there buddy, I’m all 16’d out myself at the minute, with 2 left in the Viper Pit.

I’m giving myself a break by building a couple of F-15s instead. 

Yeah - I am following along. They are coming along very nicely and I am picking up a few tricks as well ;-)

I am getting organized for my F-4EJ build.. and then I think I will have a go at the new 1/24 Airfix Spitfire.. and then start my Border Model Lancaster... and then its 2024 :D

• 5 weeks later...