Tamiya A6M5

Juggernut

3 hours ago, Skyraider3D said:

Sorry for the late reply. I started a new job and have neglected the internet a bit ^_^

I actually have made a detailed 3D model of this cowling, and I have a 3D printer, but I see you got it nicely fixed up already! Looking really good and I admire your going the extra mile with this. Great stuff! :clap2:

Thanks, I just couldn't leave it be once you pointed out the difference....

3 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Really good looking paint work Tim!  Are you planning on doing any fading of the top?

Ernest

Thanks Ernest.  Believe it or not, that color is faded.  The D1 color out of the bottle (which is called D1 black-green) is so dark green ,it almost looks black. 

5 hours ago, themongoose said:

Wow that grey is black lol i can see why almost no preshade is showing through! Sure looks sharp and the underside has alot of contrast to it.

Which grey are you referring to?  Sorry, I'm a bit confused.... (nothing newsworthy there).  The top color is D1 black-green (lightened considerably) which is what I think you're referring to and yeah, it's pretty dark, even after lightening with white and yellow. 

2 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Which grey are you referring to?  Sorry, I'm a bit confused.... (nothing newsworthy there).  The top color is D1 black-green (lightened considerably) which is what I think you're referring to and yeah, it's pretty dark, even after lightening with white and yellow. 

Yep that’s the one. Jeez it looked dark dark grey to me. Guess it’s just me who is confused :frantic: lol

• 3 weeks later...