DIY 1/32 Spey Phantom conversion

tomprobert

The Fleet Air Arm flew the FG.1 variant from HMS Ark Royal.  It was intended to modify Eagle too, but before that happened the government of the day decided the FAA would get out of the carrier business.  This left a surplus of FG.1s which were given to 43 Sqn RAF for air defence.

20 hours ago, MikeC said:

Great start, that's very impressive.  Looking forward to the end result.  Have you decided on a unit and scheme yet?

Hello Mike,

I've got lots of options on the CUtting Edge sheet, including some of the specials such as the Alcock and Brown, Black Mike, the two blue specials as well as numerous other squadrons. I am leaning towards a 56 Squadron machine with the red tail to complement my black-tailed F-4J(UK) but not decided yet. 

3 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Thanks Mike, sorry for the post hijack Tom! 

Back to our regular programing!

Cheers

Alan

No problem at all - all info shared is great and do carry on!

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Tom...I need a Phantom Phix from you mate......

How's she looking????

Thanks for checking in, Anthony! I’ve literally not picked a model up since I last updated this - life and a serious lack of mojo have conspired against any time at the bench. I’ve just finished school for the Xmas holidays so hopefully some decent bench time awaits. 

Tom

10 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Thanks for checking in, Anthony! I’ve literally not picked a model up since I last updated this - life and a serious lack of mojo have conspired against any time at the bench. I’ve just finished school for the Xmas holidays so hopefully some decent bench time awaits. 

Tom

Totally understand mate.  I have been getting a lot done recently but this past week has left me no time whatsoever, I have to help my son do the clutch on his car and I have a couple of wee jobs to do on my RX-7 before a car show.... Still hoping for some bench time this weekend....but this is a busy time of year isnt it

Cheers Anthony

3 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Totally understand mate.  I have been getting a lot done recently but this past week has left me no time whatsoever, I have to help my son do the clutch on his car and I have a couple of wee jobs to do on my RX-7 before a car show.... Still hoping for some bench time this weekend....but this is a busy time of year isnt it

Cheers Anthony

Yeah, it’s been the usual end of term madness for me with school reports, plays, carol concerts and the like meaning I’ve barely been at home and when I have been, I’ve been doing school work in the evenings. On the few spare evenings I’ve had, the mojo has deserted me. With three weeks off now, however, no doubt the mojo will return and I’ll get cracking with the cockpit and then I can tackle the rear end. I’ll be sure to update you when there’s been some progress. 

And good luck with the car show!

3 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

Ah well, one more sale for Plaza Japan!  Tom, you should be on commission!

wunwinglow

Ha! I’ll send them an email..!

Cheers chaps,

Tom