Do-27, DH 112 Venom FB.1, Yak-9U Photos - my Walkarounds

On 10/7/2022 at 10:08 PM, npb748r said:

Hi Dutik, really kind offer - interior pictures for the DO-27 would be helpful for me. Also, not sure which version of the F-86 they have, if it's a D then some general external shots would also be helpful. Very much appreciate the offer.

neil

Got em! :punk:

do27-15pmi1g.jpg

do27-1ygioz.jpg

do27-51cdgo.jpg

do27-11elidr.jpg

do27-12vjduj.jpg

do27-13ewe4b.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

thanks to these photos I know also realise the revell kit with all of those raised rivets is correct, I was thinking about sanding it down and replacing the rivet detail but I wont do that now.  The more I look at your photo's @dutik the more you start to see how the basic kit can be enhanced without too much fuss. Time to get it out and start working. I ordered a set of decals for the DO-27 from HaHen and I have to say I'm really impressed looking at them. Not yet tried them but the quality seems really good. 

A big thanks again for taking the time to do this dutik. 

neil

On 10/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, Alain Gadbois said:

Hi Dutik!

Very generous offer!

Personally would be interested in pictures of the Swiss Venom. Don’t know what is exposed in terms of flap area or airbrakes, but some pictures from there would be nice! Also if it has the recon pods under the wing some good pics would be very appreciated.

Some lower wing and upper wing shots to show panel lines and access panels would help immensely as most photos don’t have good angles to show clearly.

Many thanks in advance!

Alain

As ordered by Alain - a DH.112 Venom FB.1 walkaround :thumbsup:

Notice to airmen!

I've started the walkaround at the right cockpit side (starboard for you landlubbers :D ), then walking clockwise around the aircraft.

(You are asking where the right side is? It's the side with the ladder, you know? :P )

v-imgp5865llekw.jpg

v-imgp58670tfwc.jpg

v-imgp5868smcai.jpg

v-imgp586960ffc.jpg

v-imgp5871jcdvq.jpg

v-imgp5872p0ebl.jpg

v-imgp5873axig7.jpg

v-imgp58743gfi3.jpg

v-imgp5875dae4a.jpg

v-imgp58768bcog.jpg

These are 60+ photos alltogether, so this will take some more posts as well as some time to load them up.

Enjoy!

- dutik

Edited by dutik

• dutik changed the title to Do-27 and Venom FB.1 Photos from Wernigerode aircraft museum are here - my Walkarounds
  • dutik changed the title to Do-27 and DH 112 Venom FB.1 Photos from Wernigerode aircraft museum - my Walkarounds
  • 3 weeks later...

As promised and just in time for ICMs Yak-9 family some shots of the real McCoy:

img_4805nqfrq.jpg

Don't get confused by the lack of a chin radiator. This is a Yak-9, but a Yak-9U. U for "uluchenny", aka "improved". All-metal wings, belly radiator moved more aft and the oil radiator from the chin relocated into the wingroot. So this one has two wingroot intakes. Another extra: re-engined to an Allison powerplant for warbird use. Just ignore the extra bumps and outlets below the fuselage; these are not Klimovs, but Allisons.

img_480686iix.jpg

img_480809evd.jpg

img_4807z2cds.jpg

This is D-FAFA, former owned by the warbird collection at Usedom/Germany, "Hangar 10". No longer in inventory there, so no more photos if you ask.It's a pity...

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik