Why aren't aftermarket resin tires flattened and bulged?

I seem to recall many, many years ago when someone was marketing "bulged" resin tires. I also recall that they looked WAY too bulged and were not accepted by the modeling community, and they disappeared.

Fast forward to today and it seems like everyone and his brother is selling resin wheels that are perfectly round. Considering the popularity of CAD designed parts, why aren't we seeing REALISTICALLY flattened and bulged tires?

Yes I remember the wheels for the Bf-109 were seriously overdone.  They appeared poorly maintained. 

No one is asking for them and or we as model builders just sand off the bottom of the wheels a bit and move on.

I appreciate todays aftermarket because of the details like manufacturers logos and tire wear indicators. 

I have a set of these same overly-bulged tyres for my Hasegawa Mustang build. There's no brand on them, but the trademark bulges give the manufacturer away immediately: True Details. I'll be removing most if not all of the bulges, and just leaving an appropriate flat spot. That's all most aircraft tyres need to appear realistic on the ground: just enough of a flat spot to take them off their tippy-toes, and make it appear as if they're bearing some weight. The bulge is a sign of an under-inflated tyre in most cases, and not realistic at all.

Kev