New F16AM from AFV Club

panzerrob

14 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

The Singaporean boxing sold out extremely quickly all through Asia and now sells for big money if you can find one.

A single seater with a parapack tail will walk out of shops faster than they can get them in. 
Enjoy trying to get one in 6 months time with every modeller wanting a parapack tail A for how long?

Good luck!

I can just tell you what I observed. The F-16B stayed far longer available than I would have thought in European stocks. I'm not saying this fact is indicative regarding what could occur in the future for another Academy-based single seater Viper kit. This is just a raw fact.

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

It looks like there is a raised visible pad at the front end of that tail to cover the extra space on top of the fuselage where the longer C tail would sit.  Not sure if it’s a build issue, or it just comes that way, but that doesn’t look good.

Indeed - and the panels are not changed at all around the tail, its still the C-Panels. 

It actually looks very much like the tail conversion kit from KASL that is included

I think there was little chance that they were going to modify the fuselage molds to make correct A model panels.  Interesting if it does turn out to be the KASL tail.  They also do a 1/32 Harpoon set.  Given the price that the KASL stuff goes for, the price of this AFV Club boxing isn’t that surprising.  That said, I don’t think the US or European markets are really the intended targets for these kits.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

It looks like there is a raised visible pad at the front end of that tail to cover the extra space on top of the fuselage where the longer C tail would sit.  Not sure if it’s a build issue, or it just comes that way, but that doesn’t look good.

Looking at the pic a bit larger, it looks like the entire tail base is slotted into the top of the fuselage, and it isn't siting flush.

• 2 years later...

For anyone interested in this kit, Sprue Brothers has the kit on a Lightning Deal at $145.

https://spruebrothers.com/afv32s03-1-32-afv-club-roc-air-force-f-16am-falcon-block-20/

Yes, it’s the Academy kit, but it looks like a F-16 and comes with a parapack A tail.

Edit:  Lightning Deal now gone.  Back to $230.

Edited by Dave Williams