1:32 Focke Wulf Fw 190 D9 Jagdverband 44-Red 1

frank83

I'm not very much into props and here's one I had finished about two years ago. Masking and painting the underside was a bit exhausting but it came out better than I expected...

Famous (or notorious?) Dora here, in 32nd scale from Hasegawa. The kit needs no introduction but the aircraft does I think. The entire squadron JV44 have their aircraft painted red with white stripes underside, and it is really amazing to have spared the time and effort for that in 1944-45. This is Red 1 flown by Leutnant Heinz "Heino" Sachsenberg in 1945. 

"Verkauft's mei Gwand, I fahr in Himmel" reads on the fuselage, which is a part of lyrics wrtitten to a Johann Strauss melody. All-black Luftwaffe crosses underside are also of note...

Painting figures is not where I am strongest at modeling. I could not find a proper (or even improper) Mr.Sachsenbeng in 1:32 and this pilot here is just visiting :)

Cheers,

Frank

5024.jpg

5021.jpg

5027.jpg

5020.jpg

5025.jpg

5023.jpg

5024.jpg

5029.jpg

Cool! Could be even better maybe a bit dirtier, underside especially. Those stripes must have been a headache abd you have just nailed them, congratulations.

Apparently no one had low-vis concerns back then :)