Trumpeter 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

mpk

6 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

It's still looking good despite alls it's trials and tribulations !

The paint tepair is remarkable , no sign of the former problems . 

I still worry about that wall however ...

Thanks mate. I used my Harder and Steenbeck Silverline with a 1.5 needle and nozzle. I've been clear coating it with my Infinity with a .2 needle nozzle set.

Unless you repainted the whole plane again  , there is no sign of a blend around that spine , you also seem to have saved the seriels ....:goodjob: I have had much less success myself trying to go over paint for making repairs before , rarely get the same coluortone twice. 

Wheels on and RFI soon hopefully  :beer4:

9 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

Unless you repainted the whole plane again  , there is no sign of a blend around that spine , you also seem to have saved the seriels ....:goodjob: I have had much less success myself trying to go over paint for making repairs before , rarely get the same coluortone twice. 

Wheels on and RFI soon hopefully  :beer4:

Can you link your RFI?

Oh no, I was thinking Riefield armour. :frantic:

I never was the sharpest knife in the drawer. And it keeps getting worse. My memory is deteriorating rapidly. Too many chemicals have destroyed my brain. It can be seen on scans. I wonder how long I've got. 

:blink:

Hi guys.

Using my collection of 1138 photos of Hurricanes as reference, I spent the weekend weathering my BoB Mk.I. A number of photos of BoB era Hurricanes show very heavy weathering all over the metal areas, predominantly the inner wing area, and also stretching out to the mid and outer wing. Not only are many heavily affected by scuff marks from shoes, but also show staining from fluid streaking from the engine cowlings and adjacent panels behind the engine.

303 Sqn Hurricane photos show gun soot flowing further back across the wing than I'd guessed. The belly had me guessing and I screwed up quite a few weathering attempts before becoming happy with my result. I added pin washes, chalk etc and removed them all. I started random ideas I'd never heard of and forget exactly how I got to this point.

I think I'm happy with it...........:hmmm:

So anyway...

tyJC41.jpg

xB7f1C.jpg

DUrXaF.jpg

Vg01Nf.jpg

JVttkb.jpg

MzpnTf.jpg

tS0quU.jpg

20WDYQ.jpg

wxDUw9.jpg

3pmxgB.jpg

CotmCx.jpg

I now have to repaint the wheel wells, weather the undercarriage and canopy, find where I placed all the rest of the bits, and complete it.

Thanks for having a look. 

Edited by mpk