2020 what a year...

kkarlsen

2020 was a rollercoaster ride with great up's and subsequent declines... All at the same time. The worst and the best year in large scale modeling.

K22ZUJq.jpg

2020 started out very good with the finished Aeromarine 75 build and the Hydro Monoplane I around February first.

Then the Corona virus hit and Wingnut Wings crashed. At this point the stock was pretty thin regarding WNW's kits, only 3-4 in the stash.

So I started 'collecting' what I could get my hands on without having to pay extra.

LqVGqy5.jpg

I finally managed to finish the Fokker Dr. I Jasta 11 Roden triple diorama in April.

Then I had to make up my mind where to go next.... This ended up becoming quite the struggle. And a lot of new builds were started F-16, Thuling G etc.

RE1sCdL.jpg

At the end of June the KLP Arado build was ready to go...

By now the WNW's stash was swollen to 12 + 2 duellists kits, I almost had every WNW kit I ever wanted.

In the end, a second Felixstowe was the last one to be added to the stash.

By the end of summer I was now working on 3-4 builds simultaneously, building in every direction possible...

Pj4CmWj.jpg

I finally settled on doing a build that I would be able to finish. Rodens Albatros D.III with Aviattic/Pheon decals.

This helped me to begin focus on what I wanted to do next and the Rumpler 6B.1 Seaplane conversion was started...

Zxv22OD.jpg

One of the great news this year were the resin kits from Lukgraph.

The De Havilland DH.89 is one of my all time favorite's. And it was just what I needed and I managed to finish it in the dying days of this horrible year.

On a positive note, in 2020 we finally got our Mengnut Fokker Dr. I and who knows, a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel regarding WNW's?

Roden announced they would begin producing WWI large scale models again, SPAD XIII, Avro 504 & Sopwith 1½ Strutter are in the pipeline.

Lukgraph is on a roll (please support) the highlight for me being the upcoming Friedrichshafen FF33L.

Some very nice new kits are coming from ICM too. Copper State has announced the Caudron.

I hope to be able to finish the Rumpler 6B.1 sometime soon and the T-33A after that.

I will try my best not to run around like a headless chicken in 2021! 

Cheers: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen