what do you guys use for rigging antenna

I have used stretched sprue meh

fine copper wire which is the wrong color but can be stained  strong easy to work with

the  standard  size ez line meh ish.   you it seems thick the fine is to fine and  if you are  not carefull and it twists your it looks bad

? uschi van rosten line

mig ammo rigging line?

There is better stuff out there than EZ Line

I  use rigging from Uschi 

it is similar but significantly better because it is round in profile unlike EZ Line which is square

in our scale a twisted EZ Line will ‘show off’ its square profile and it just doesn’t look right to me

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

There is better stuff out there than EZ Line

I  use rigging from Uschi 

it is similar but significantly better because it is round in profile unlike EZ Line which is square

in our scale a twisted EZ Line will ‘show off’ its square profile and it just doesn’t look right to me

Nick, I also have a bobbin of the Uschi Extra Fine rigging.  My EZ-Line is about used up - probably 6-7 builds left on the roll - when it is depleted I plan to buy Uschi's other sizes.  As Uschi is also located in Bavaria it makes sense to buy rigging from him for me at least!

Ernest 

For something really fine like an antenna wire, 2-4 pound fishing line works great. Drawback relative to E-Z Line is that the latter is easier to work with. Don’t love the flat nature of E-Z Line, particularly when a length gets a noticeable twist in it. Because of that characteristic, I’d never use it with close, parallel rigging like that frequently seen in bipes.

-Moe

Edited by ivanmoe

The main problem with fishing line is it can tend to settle or sag over time, and you end up with semi-bowed rigging lines.

I've found this can be remedied by heating a butter knife up, and holding it close to the sagging line. However, to me this has been a huge PITA with models setting on the shelf/display cab. 

I also found even the thinnest fishing line has near 0 give in it when rigging.....my ham fists just dont get along with fishing line at all. I bet I put my fingers through and broke more than half the lines I rigged the last time I used it.

All mileage may vary

Here's something I just saw on line and have not tried.  Seems like the smallest sizes would be too fine for a 1/32 antenna wire, but perhaps the Medium would suit...

http://infini-model.com/index.php/portfolio/ir0701b/

I have used fine EZ line in the past - bought it because it was listed on the WW website.  It's certainly easy to work with, but I agree with others that the obvious non-roundness is a real drawback.

A lot of these ship rigging products look like they'd be way underscale for 1/32 aircraft, though.  Even the largest AMMO size, 0.03 mm, scales to just a hair under a millimeter at 1:32.  That *might* be OK for a fine antenna wire, but the structural rigging on a biplane must be what, 5-10 X that thick?