1 24th P47 from Vintage Fighter series

keith in the uk

Yes, this is great news. I've been hanging out for a 1/24 P-47 since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem ;) I really hope it's a bubbletop rather than a razorback though.

I remember some time ago contacting Raymond at VFS about this, and he said that apart from the P-47, they were thinking of the following in 1/24: Me 262, Hawker Typhoon. (a Typhoon would be a piece of solid 'gold' I reckon!).

We'll see I suppose. :)

I'm doing research and QA tasks for that project, and the first run will be a bubbletop D-25 to D-28 series. The project is not to prototype yet but it seems the most positive news on a large scale bolt we've got.

A 1/24 Thunderbolt will have a 20 inch wingspan, careful what you wish for :D

After the D-25 D-28 there are plans to take the Bubbletop through the M series, and possibly to the N with a new wing. But that will all need to wait on the sales of the initial Bubbletop. Here is a profile I'm doing for the decal sheet. There will probably be 3 or 4 more decal choices as well.

post-2-1138037654_thumb.jpg

WHOA!!! This means its for real Chris....all this time we've been asking for a new tool

P-47 in large scale. Hard to believe the 1/32 got skipped over but hey...whatever.

Glad you're in on this deal. Did you get my e-mails about that (old) T-bolt project?

I have the large vac canopies now that will work in case you're still interested.

I'll wait to hear back from you.

THis is going to cost me, but I am building the 24th d9. I love that 24th and it is actually smaller than all my 32 eagles...... I say bring that bad boy on capn'. O I would love an N, and a Razor back to with that bubble top. I hoped they started with the Tamiya 48th offering as referance. 262/typhoon WOW!!! I need a bigger house..........

S!

Chris, Is it safe to assume that the P-40 sales are sufficient to develop the Jug? I seem to remember that was an issue. I would love to see a Razorback;but a bubbletop would be good too..... WHAT A PAIR OF JUGS!

just think; the Pacific on 1/2 of the ceiling and Europe on the other 1/2!

TIP: paint ceiling appropriate color!

Ronnie: yes I'll get a reply to you this week. It has been crazy busy here, and I have not unpacked the big Thunderbolt yet. I will though, and I think that canopy and a set of wheels will help motivate me to get into it after I finish this P-36.

Yes the P-40 sales are part of what is needed to launch the Thunderbolt, but I think that VFS is planning a pre-order special too. Do not quote me on that, but I remember hearing that in some correspondance.

Right now VFS is also spending some attention on a 1/48 project that I cannot disclose, but the T-bolt is in pre-production now. Accurate plans and stations were sent to the manufacturor as well as a few kits for referance on possible assembly methods. I am hopeful that it'll pick up some steam during this first quarter of 06. Who knows...we may be burried in big P-47s by the end of the year...

:D

Who knows...we may be burried in big P-47s by the end of the year...

:lol:

Gimme a spade...NOW! :lol: (Most excellent news Chris). Let me know how things progress with the development of this big jug, especially with regards to plans for the razorback...I may be able to help here.

Cheers

Derek

Pleeeeeeeeze tell me that there are or will be markings for Hub Zemke's SuperBolt. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze.

(Not to be whiney or anything.)

So far marking choices are not finalized, but BABII (shown above), will probably make the cut, and there was talk of Gabreski's D-25 as well as Duxford's 78th FG "MX*E"

mx-e.jpg

Are you talking about "Origonis Britania?"...this bird?

jug_2.jpg

John forman did a great one in 1/32 here. Those markings have not been mentioned yet, but its a great scheme. I'll pass that idea onto the powers that be at VFS.

If the engineering goes well VFS wants to include parts for the fin strake and dive brakes to take the kit to D-30 specs and that opens up a HUGE door for 9th AAF bird markings, and Tarheel Hal was mentioned if that goes well.

This one is not done...and probably won't be if VFS cannot get the D-30 engineered into the initial release.

post-2-1138484347_thumb.jpg