Group Builds: what’s your point of view?

mozart

2 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Or, just move the GB Gallery right under the group build section on the front page ..?

it would be a lot easier to drop by for every one to see and would generate a lot more traffic.....

Dan.

Like they do on Britmodeller.

That way everything of a GB stays together.

3 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Or, just move the GB Gallery right under the group build section on the front page ..?

it would be a lot easier to drop by for every one to see and would generate a lot more traffic.....

Dan.

Do you mean keep each gallery separately as a pinned thread within its parent Group Build forum?

Kev

16 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Do you mean keep each gallery separately as a pinned thread within its parent Group Build forum?

Kev

Correct.The gallery,chat and rules are all pinned in the GB.

Like this...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/694-battle-of-britain-80th-anniversary-gb/

Edited by Erwin

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Correct.The gallery,chat and rules are all pinned in the GB.

Like this...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/694-battle-of-britain-80th-anniversary-gb/

The main problem with that approach here is that the galleries will be buried along with the GBs when they're archived in Previous Group Builds. The main point of the galleries as they're set up now is to give easier access to them beyond the shelf-life of the Group Builds themselves. However, if this doesn't work for members, then it's time to find something that does. I was thinking along the lines of a permanent, separate forum for Galleries in the GB section that never gets archived. It would make the galleries both easier to find and easier to peruse than they currently are, without being buried in the archived section.

Kev

On 9/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, dmthamade said:

How about one or two pics in RFI with a link to the build thread/finished pics? Kinda like baiting the hook? Those that are interested can follow the link or not, not having a lot of duplicate pics, just one or two?

Don

Yeap, that would work, an option that's going to generate a lot more traffic.....

I like that..   :speak_cool:

Dan.

I like the idea and have entered a few, but never finished. Life has a  habit of interfering. I'd like to try the training aircraft GV, and have the Alleycat BF-109g12 conversion. But once again life has decided otherwise. Oh well, I'll be retiring soon and half of life's little miseries will vanish.