Group Builds: what’s your point of view?

mozart

11 hours ago, BradG said:

Operational Training Units will be included, also Top Gun adversary aircraft as they were all related to training. 

Cool!! I'm certain to have kits and decals that'll work.

Don

Group builds are not really my thing.  Nothing against them, I have never done one though.  One thing I heard mention of a while back to do for something different is a time limit challenge build 24 hours, one week or some other short period.  Anything you want as long as you build it fast.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, dmthamade said:

To help promote the GBs, maybe post the finished builds in the RFI forum. The GBs i don't participate in i have to confess i don't check in often. Maybe include a link to the WIP?

Don

That's exactly it....... that's one thing that bugs me the most about GB,  but don't get me wrong, I love doing some,

there's always a nice bunch of good people with nice encouraging and constructive comment, learning new tricks, etc..

I Just finish one of the two entry I did in Cold War GB, encouters a few finishing problem, got discurage at one point, 

but had good feedback and options to overcome those problem with very good result, thanks to you guys.

To me, showing a finish model is my treat, dont need any price nor is a competition,

juste doing my best to takes good pictures for everyone to see all the works done.....

That's where is my problem, there is very little or no traffic at all in those GB gallery, you got that right Don.

I'm always heager to participate, depending of the subject of course, but when it come to this part,  

it brakes me a bit too often to finish it on time..... and if I'm not mistakin, it never shows in members article.

It's not my trend to comment like that but it's my two cents,  ''Finish models should always end up in RFI''

Dan.

37 minutes ago, BradG said:

We can always publicise the galleries a bit more, although if you wanted to, when you finish a GB model, make an RFI post too with the link back to your build thread, that's fine with me.

I think Daniel is hinting at the fact that we actively discourage posting finished GB entries in the RFI forum, which would make the GB galleries pretty much redundant. It also relates to our policy of not allowing duplicate content (ie, the same post in multiple locations in the forums).

Kev

36 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I think Daniel is hinting at the fact that we actively discourage posting finished GB entries in the RFI forum, which would make the GB galleries pretty much redundant. It also relates to our policy of not allowing duplicate content (ie, the same post in multiple locations in the forums).

Kev

Oh sorry, I've not seen those policies. 

18 minutes ago, BradG said:

Oh sorry, I've not seen those policies. 

To be fair, they've never been properly codified, but certainly mentioned regularly. I'm OK with having one solution (GB galleries) or the other (posting in RFI), but not both. Having said that, I'm in the back seat these days, so it's really not my call!

Kev

My main reason for not participating in group builds is rather simple. . . I have no practical means of showing my work! After going through a "divorce" of sorts last year, the only online access I have is either via cell phone or through a work computer, neither of which allow me to publish photos to online forums. It's not that I'm not building (notice I said building, not finishing kits. . .), I just don't have a viable way of showing off my work due to not having a personal computer. I used to use PhotoBucket, and some of my older builds can be found on the site, but since PB became the largest photo pain-in-the-ass, I have largely dropped off the earth on this forum, aside from checking the Trader's Forum daily for my next project. Hopefully next year will bring some changes and I can return to being a regular contributor here, and I'll find my way into a group build.