Scratchbuilt Bushmaster PMV 4x4: now with paint!

GMK

On 11/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, alain11 said:

impressive stuff !!!! there is no more limit thanks to the 3 D print .... great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:

BTW , could you please , if you have spare time , to make me a "Rafale " fighter at the big scale :)

Alain

Thanks, Alain, really appreciate you taking the time to comment. I’ve only just the hang of the straight lines and intersecting facets of armour. The flowing lines of the Rafale are well above my ability!!

On 11/20/2020 at 12:42 AM, Uncarina said:

It’s great to see her on her feet! Excellent work as always.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom. I’ve cheated a little - the wheels are just propped in position. Needed the progress morale boost after a tough week, tbh. 

14 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Amazing!!

I know how much work and time this must have taken, but I'm still of the opinion that this is the future of modeling for those that are willing to put in the time, effort and moolah to achieve it.

Well done!

Thank you! Got it in one - more time & effort to learn new skills. The software is free, the time required to learn it, not so much. Were it not for the pandemic, I wouldn’t have had the time to learn. Too much travel. 

13 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Wow, just wow!  You'v done some amazing work there. Just love seeing these 3-d printed projects, but I feel like such a dinosaur - an analog man stuck in a digital age. 

Thanks Rockie. It’s been a learning curve. Downloaded the CAD software in March this year, so it’s possible to learn this stuff! Jump on in!

Well, we haven’t seen the left side of the truck for a while, so here it is:

PHuh2wI.jpg

Some of the stowage, including the bin for the ECM at the rear.

ZrQhzYC.jpg

Speaking of ECM, here’s a front view with one of the DUKE antennas test fitted (in pink). A second one will be on the opposite side. 

c71ASdO.jpg

2 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

BRAVO!

What is the name of your 3D program, printer, and laser cutter?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!

Fusion 360 is the CAD program, Luban is the slicer, and Snapmaker 2.0 is both a laser cutter & 3D printer (and CNC mill). Proving to be a useful combination. 

Brilliant work - I am not into armor, but I am following with huge interest. So you are happy with the Snapmaker? I've had a look at it several times already but always doubted its usefulness. Would you be willing to do a small presentation of the machine and how you use it? If it works well, I'd love to add it to my tools! 

Keep up the great work! 

11 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Brilliant work - I am not into armor, but I am following with huge interest. So you are happy with the Snapmaker? I've had a look at it several times already but always doubted its usefulness. Would you be willing to do a small presentation of the machine and how you use it? If it works well, I'd love to add it to my tools! 

Keep up the great work! 

Thank you for your kind words, most definitely appreciated. 

I’m happier with the Snapmaker 2.0 than the Snapmaker original. Much easier to use and less prone to failures, though that may be a reflection of my growing experience, of course. Learning can be hard on equipment. I’ll put something together in the next week or so. Anything of interest in particular?

Cheers, Greg

10 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Thanks Greg! The CNC milling part would be the most interesting one for me. Thanks in advance! 

Ah, you’ve got me! I’m yet to use the CNC piece. There’s a plugin required by Fusion 360 to translate the .dxf file correctly for the Luban slicer for use in the Snapmaker CNC - which I’m yet to figure out. 

My plan is to sort the CNC piece over the Christmas break. I’ll report back, then. Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance. 

I’ve been post processing (filling, sanding, & high build priming) the seat backs for the troop compartment over the course of the week. Dull, though necessary, work. 

Test fit (ignore the angles):

l7Srr45.jpg

Once life returns, I’ll design & print the seat base, as well as the driver’s & commander’s seats. With a coat of paint, that’s the interior sorted.