New tool for sanding.

Troy Molitor

The wall plug /chord for the David Union -400 has a quick disconnect that easily disconnects from the voltage regulator (plug) and can be changed over.  This is why I would need to know if it’s for the European customer,  U.K or the USA/ Canadian customer.   The package comes with only one quick disconnect pronged plug.   Don’t forget there is also three packets of sandpaper that will come with the sander.  If you would like a few pictures of the wall plug just PM me and I’ll send you a couple pictures.  I was initially using mine while living in Singapore so when I moved back to the US I had to get a new wall plug disconnect.   

Regards,

Troy 

3 hours ago, STWilliams said:

The David one does have a cord as well. The fact that David do ALL their marketing with shots of it with no cord whatsoever, didn't impress me.

Bummer, didn't realize that. Cool tool, though.

Update for Ron, Ruben, Robert and Mike.

I have ten more packs of sand paper coming in next week and some more heads.  Thirty more sanders and a couple new rotary tool cutters.  The -360 and -300.  Tell your friends.  

The sanding packs will sell for $7.00.  I’ll need to figure out another small USPS shipment box.  Head slap!   I was just at the post office shipping out two Sanders twenty minutes ago and I forgot to ask!  Arnhhhh.

I know I have a set of additional heads coming in but I’ll need to get a price this evening.  DU didn’t mention a price yet.  Do you Gents have a particular head you want to modify?   Triangle, rectangle?   Let me know and i’ll Ask for more of a specific style heads to keep in stock.  

Thanks again for the support and passing the information to your mates.  

Cheers,

Troy. 

Hey Gents,

I just want to take a moment and thank the LSP community for the awesome support.  I just heard from David Union I'm the USA distributor for them.  This is really exciting and well, sort of crazy.  You guys have been really a fantastic support network!  Hands down, I can't thank you enough for the support.  On top of all this news you gent's & gals' ask really great questions in return.  I'm pleased to announce I have a large shipment heading to the USA of sanders and abrasive paper / Styluses and new rotary/ cutter tools arriving soon. I'll have all of your requests handled within two weeks from receiving this shipment with what you've been asking for.  I listen, I get it.  I left the commercial aircraft leasing world and global trotting behind after thirty years and I needed something to bite into and do for fun.  This venture was just an idea to put a great product in the hands of the LSP community.  It's now sustaining itself  "somewhat" which is really cool.  I'll never have a new Bugatti in my garage but hopefully I'll have a new friend.  Thats all I could ever ask for.  I'm in the process of getting a new website arranged which will have the latest David Union items and a whole lot more I was exposed to over in Singapore/ Asia for the last four years.  I have a family member designing my site and I'm obviously a back burner client!  Really? She's pretty talented but she's family!  grrrrr. 

Thanks for the support and I promise to show you some really great items of something you don't have but really want at a fantastic price!  

Just a tick:  

European ? U.K and Australian, Kiwi etc....customers are all welcomed!  I have sent a couple items to the old continent at cost in shipping direct from the manufacturer.  Seriously, if you have friends and yourself included, I will organize any shipment to you.  I have received such awesome LSP support and I'd like to play it forward.   

Cheers guys,

Troy 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LSP community,

A large shipment of various items arrived from David Union this past week.  Thanks for your support and patience while I was out last week traveling.     

• Various adhesive sanding packs received.  
  • Several styluses packets received.  DU calls these items  polishing bits for the D400 sanders.  $15 USD for the same original set that comes with the D400, plus shipping.   
  • D400 sanders.  $99 USD plus shipping.  

New items that arrived are related to hand held routers,  D300 and D360.

Please check out the links below.  

• http://www.davidunion.com/search/label/DAVID 300 (12,500 RPM, precision chuck, plus 12 adapter cutters).  $85 USD plus shipping.  
  • http://www.davidunion.com/search/label/DAVID 360 ELITE  This item is actually replacing the D300. Check out the link above for the D300.  The -360 ACCU pictured below is just the hand router plus plug in wall adaptor.  There will be various carving bits, cutting burrs and polishing bits plus different sized collets for this hand piece.  My preliminary review is only based on the -360 pictured below.  The hand held -360 ACCU device has a really low initial RPM setting on this piece.   I'm also researching the future product line from DU coming out this year on a precision pin vise attachment coming out in MID 2020.  $70. USD plus shipping.    
  • https://imgur.com/40ryUXZ

JPw5llS.jpg 

Thanks again for your interest and support.  

Troy 

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to take a moment and post up my experience. Right now I’m building a non-LSP and I’ve had 3-4 occasions to use this sander. I’m really happy with the purchase. I got it probably for the same reason many others did, trying to sand with little sticks and other pieces in tight spots. The other thing this has been awesome for is sanding down and around those pesky ejector pin marks! Lots of those on my 1/350 USS Enterprise carrier. It feels like it’s ergonomically designed, lots of variation to the speed and the sanding arms are convenient coming in different shapes and sizes. Can also see making up a few custom ones, like extra narrow. 
Thanks Troy!

Thanks guys.  

I had a chat with Kev today.   i’m trying to put one in the hands of a LSP moderator to test out for the rest of our LSP group.  The D400 sells itself actually.  I have the D400 sander and my D360 router out whenever I’m at the bench for the same reasons mentioned above.  I was so tired of destroying more areas with my heavy handed sanding technique.     

I also now sell these listed on eBay and have a Facebook page.  I’m working with another gent here on LSP  to have it demonstrated on another site.  I’ll be putting another advertisement soon to promote some new pen type routers which I have plenty in stock.  This past week I also sent my first sander to Europe.  I’m looking to do group orders for the U.K and Europe LPS gents & gals.  

Check out eBay: trexxtools@gmail.com.  Facebook t-rexxtools.  I’m also listed on David Union as the USA contact person.  

It all started here folks.  Can’t thank you enough.  

Cheers, stay safe.  

Troy 

• 7 months later...