Boxart

LSP_Mike

31 minutes ago, mozart said:

Digital art is, to me, like scanned 3D printed figures - technically absolutely right and spot on but lacking the human artistic element which makes them have "truth" and "feeling" about them.

I have to agree here. For a brief time (very brief), Don Greer switched to computer artwork and I just hated it. He very soon returned to his beautiful traditional form though, so now everything is good again.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:53 PM, Captain Boogaloo said:

Roy Cross uber alles!! Airfix made one their worst decisions ever when they stopped using his box artwork ( and it really was Artwork, I'd have no problem framing it and having some on the walls.

Roy Cross has several books out with his artwork on Amazon Uk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=roy+cross&i=stripbooks&crid=33SM7H5EUK5ZQ&sprefix=Roy+Cr%2Caps%2C154&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

I personally like Iain Wyllie who is/was a member on here.

A lot of the "Aircraft of the Aces" series of books have his artwork.

https://www.aviationartprints.com/artist.php?Artist=Iain_Wyllie_Aviation_Art

Edited by PhilB
adding link

Some very evocative images there. The Sunderland shooting up the Fw 200 is outstanding. I can just imagine seeing the pilots of those 4 engine planes jockeying for position.

I tend to prefer the older style of painted art as opposed to digital; I suppose like enjoying records over cd's. 

On 3/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, mozart said:

Digital art is, to me, like scanned 3D printed figures - technically absolutely right and spot on but lacking the human artistic element which makes them have "truth" and "feeling" about them.

cant agree more highly.

I have a relatively large collection of Taylors plus a few Shaw’s and Trudgian works.

There is something missing in Digital art. 
Looks ok but its missing heart or atmosphere something i still cant put my finger on.

2 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

cant agree more highly.

I have a relatively large collection of Taylors plus a few Shaw’s and Trudgian works.

There is something missing in Digital art. 
Looks ok but its missing heart or atmosphere something i still cant put my finger on.

Personality or soul might be the words you're looking for.