Upcoming LSP Group Build - Cold War Jets.

BradG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have no idea what prompted me to visit LSP a few days ago but I did. With little time in recent years, particularly so as we've been busy for the last 12 months getting our house here in Wellington ready to sell. It did sell three weeks ago but of course has  been caught up in the COVID -19 crisis so is on hold at present - nuff said on that, other than almost all of my kits, modelling tools and modelling "substances" are sitting in storage about 10 minutes from home. However, being in self-isolation lockdown in our homes here in NZ, like folks in many countries around the world, the models etc will remain there until we are through this event and are cleared to move about. 

The first thread I found after logging on was that on this GB. After a couple of days of thought I decided I'd give it a go while stuck here at home. I'm still doing 40+ hours a week working remotely from home and also finishing off packing so it's not like I'll will have a month of free time to just model. My wife and I appreciate how incredibly fortunate we are to keep our jobs at present by being able to work remotely even if it means our kitchen table currently looks like the back end of a computer server room cabinet covered in laptops, desktop processors, screens, keyboards, cables, mice and other computer paraphernalia strewn across it - and yes we are eating on our laps until I tidy it up!

Anyways back the GB, despite a reasonable collection of jet a/c in 1/32 that fit the GB criteria, the only kits I left here at home now are the Red Arrows BAE Hawk, an FGA 9 Hunter and mostly disassembled 1/24 Harrier started 40 something years ago (there is a He162 but that won't count unless I try and squeeze in those flown by the French post WW11 but don't think they would fit within the GB rules).

I have only a few tools, some dilapidated decals, hopefully some glue and filler somewhere and my spray gun, compressor and some paints here at home. So I'll try and give one of these a go noting it will be a rudimentary build not having glued plastic for a almost decade now unless it's something to do with model trains, and that the decals might have to wait until we all get through this pandemic so I can order online and know they will be delivered.

Finally, keep safe and well out there, and if you are in a country locked down in isolation please stay in what the NZ Govt refers to as your isolation "bubble" ie in your home with your family/friends, and follow the rules and guidelines so we can break the chain of infection. If you are an essential services person, thank you for your dedication, we are in your debt - this from someone who has played in the infectious diseases space for coming up near two decades. 

Best Regards      

Brent