Best modelling purchases of 2019 and why?

DrDave

I only purchased one kit in 2019, and that was the Airfix Hellcat, which I'm looking forward to building sometime this year.  Also bought a few tools to help me improve on what I build.  Looking forward to what 2020 has to offer.

Cheers,

Michael

I use a shop compressor to airbrush.  It lives on the veranda next to the pool.  Also the location of my paint booth...such as it is.  Occasionally it goes to the driveway to fill some tires or it power one of my two nail guns.  Yesterday, as my daughter was running out of puff, I dragged out the hose and filled up my granddaughter’s pool unicorn.  Great purchase!

For me, my best purchase has been a 1/48 Tamils F-14a. I love the larger kits, but I haven’t finished anything in over three years, something needed to change!

I thought I’d give 1/48 a crack, so I might as well get my favourite plane, the mighty Tomcat, and it’s been the best thing I’ve done, I’m enjoying the hobby again. It also opens the door to many planes I love, that will never be made in 1/32. I just don’t know if I should do a build thread on it in the non LSP section. If anyone is thinking of a smaller Tomcat, it’s highly recommend!!!

For me it's the 32nd Italeri Mirage IIIC/E and the Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000 - simply because I

love those French and Israeli Deltas - very interesting markings possible for both. I would

also buy a 32nd Rafale only to have it ;) even though I'm sure no kit company will ever

touch it - but I had the same thoughts about the Mirage 2000.

Lothar

Great topic. For me, hands down, the PropMaster prop jig. At least as far as tools. For LSP kits, I purchased quite a few, including the WNW Gothas (new ones), Hasegasa P-40E, Fly Hurricane, HB B-24D and ICM I-153, among others. But it’s the Bandai Star Wars line that I went nuts on, buying practically the entire line (although I bought the Millennium Falcon Perfect Grade when it first came out), with explicit approval from SWMBO, who is an even bigger SW geek than I am. “Baby Yoda” helped. What can I say, it was a good year :-)

jimbo