Dragon/ Cyberhobby 109E

LSP_Mike

I’m building the E-7 Trop

all that stuff about the engine not fitting, cowling not going round the cowling, it’s nonsense

it *does* fit 

I will post pics to prove it in a week or two once they are posted to the SMCG Facebook group (from which I’ll grab the pics).

what doesn’t fit as far as I can tell is the gun butt / stock pieces - they are just too high for the ‘mid’ cowling piece. Not a big deal though - just snip then down.

everything else has fit like a dream thus far, but I would test for lots, and forget about following the instructions.

Thanks Nick. I have a lot of fond memories of the original Hase Emil, and a few of the Eduard Emils. This is my first real look at a dragon kit, and it does look good. Essentially the same kit(s)E3- 7. I was hoping they did the earlier style canopy, but it seems not. I see the same for the ME-110 instructions; guide only.

Hi Mke,

what earlier canopy?

you mean B / C / D? I have no interest in anything pre-WWII I'm afraid, so wouldn't even know if those birds had a different canopy

obviously you have the rounded (E-3 kit) and square main canopies (E-4, E-7 Trop kits), but I guess you knew that?

I have changed out the seat though for the Quickboost one

I know there was a discussion about the QB being wrong, but to my eye it's a better shaped wrong if that makes sense

the kit one looks just waaaay to point and skinny at the top

and i'm still not convinced about the reference pic everyone uses to say the kit piece is fine but that's just me...

overall it's a good kit; not great; but also not short run dog sh*t masquerading as a mainstream manufacturer (yes Eduard, that's you)

will do my best to get pics up here, but as I said they need to go up on SMCG first as i don't do photo hosting

PM me if you need any shots beforehand

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Thanks Nick. I have a lot of fond memories of the original Hase Emil, and a few of the Eduard Emils. This is my first real look at a dragon kit, and it does look good. Essentially the same kit(s)E3- 7. I was hoping they did the earlier style canopy, but it seems not. I see the same for the ME-110 instructions; guide only.

The E-3 should have the early canopy. I can't pull mine out, but reviews say its there.

You have seen my review of the E-4, right? Pretty much the same plastic.

On October 26, 2019 at 12:05 AM, LSP_Ray said:

E-3, E-4, E-7, E-4/B IIRC.

I have only one also.  Bought it now seems at the end of the supply.  Silly me I put off the kit because I guess I thought I finally had enough Bf-109 kits.  I still have lots to learn.

Rick