New MRP bottles?

Bstarr3

Has anyone gotten a bottle of MRP lately from HobbyWorldUSA? I ordered some and thought I got the wrong thing because they shipped in plastic bottles instead of glass. They also don't have the BB in them for mixing, and have a dropper top that is not conducive to the viscosity of the paint. Very unhappy with this change in packaging.

Actually that is correct. They even stopped putting the mixing BBs prior to switching over to the plastic bottles.  I have not tried the new bottles yet, but I have to think it was a move to improve cost efficiency on their part.   

Personally I don't like the non-glass bottles either. 

Just now, ringleheim said:

No.  I have one of each in front of me as I type.

The new one with cap and lid closed is slightly taller, and a little bit skinnier (smaller in diameter) overall.

So sounds like the same internal paint volume/space?

5 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Well, looks like I'll have to do a bit of shelf rearranging on my paint rack since my current shelf height is set for the MRP glass bottles.

I think you'll be OK.  The 2 bottles are very close in size. 

I just measured.  Then new plastic bottle is just about 3mm taller than the old bottle.

And it's like 27mm in diameter, instead of around 29mm for the glass bottles.

I was clear coating my Ta-152, and noticed two black specks freshly appeared on the cowling.  I wondered where in the hell they came from.  After removing them I refilled the airbrush with more MRP clear.  As I closed the bottle, the plastic cap split in two.  The top disc separated from the threads.  

I never dropped the bottle, so I can only assume that it was dropped once before it got into my clutches, or that I twisted the it hard enough to fracture the brittle black plastic.

Personally I won’t miss the glass bottle if it comes with a less brittle cap.  I’ll save my BB’s from my current MRP bottles.

I love the that paint.