WNW releases...

Pup7309

12 hours ago, Tnarg said:

Actually, I hope that Copper State still comes out with their Starstrutter. Buy their Nieuports and keep them happy in 1/32 scale.

Tnarg

Not intending to hijack the thread, but if you were to put a WNW box on Copper State's Nieuport kits, they would be sold out by now.  They are every bit as good as anything WNW has similarly done.

10 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Even if they can technically do so - which I doubt - would they want to, in the middle of a pandemic of historical proportions and all WNW perhaps in line to lose their jobs?

I was thinking once the restrictions lift in NZ maybe a month or 2 as they are very on top of the virus. If as suggested they move away from NZ they will have stock sitting in the NZ warehouse and other places. Wouldn't they sell it rather than keep it in storage for several years? Its all speculation but if they go into liquidation that is usually what happens.

But if the virus restrictions lift in NZ in a few months why can't they still trade as usual? There must be financial pressure from another of PJ's enterprises. The movie world has been hit hard. Maybe they will just cut back to bare bares/more profitable model? Brown boxes, more popular kits etc. As someone suggested 'grim' isnt dead. But if Dave Johnson says its grim, its grim.

Damn I really wanted an Adriatic flying boat! and a few others beside :crying:

Back to the bench...

Edited by Pup7309

Anyway this topic is about new releases so let's be positive, ignore speculation.

So into the future after the Dr1 release I'm expecting (hoping really) for a few popular releases like a SPAD, Albatross D111/OEFAG and Hanriot HD1 this should cover some French, Italian and Austrian subjects.

For more esoteric: Macchi M5 and Hansa-B w18 or other flying boats and maybe few other Italian/Austrian/etc types

also re-release of brown box types such as Fokker D7, Hansa-B 29,  Se5a

That'll do for now. I can't see WNW going under, how can they they're got so much farther to go!

25 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Anyway this topic is about new releases so let's be positive, ignore speculation.

So into the future after the Dr1 release I'm expecting (hoping really) for a few popular releases like a SPAD, Albatross D111/OEFAG and Hanriot HD1 this should cover some French, Italian and Austrian subjects.

For more esoteric: Macchi M5 and Hansa-B w18 or other flying boats and maybe few other Italian/Austrian/etc types

also re-release of brown box types such as Fokker D7, Hansa-B 29,  Se5a

That'll do for now. I can't see WNW going under, how can they they're got so much farther to go!

Look up "optimistic" in a dictionary. Any dictionary.

Pup's post will staring back at you.

13 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Surely they could push out the Dr1? And don't they have stock in their warehouses. Will they have a firesale and move to the US? The Lanc and Handley Pages looked pretty close to completion. There is room for Copper State to jump in but they must be having the same difficulties with supply?

However, as per another (now closed) thread on the subject, isn’t CSM starting to move away from 1/32 aircraft and concentrate (horror of horrors for some) on 1/35 armoured vehicles instead, simply because it’s a far bigger market and they have had better take up on their excellent kit In this scale compared to the 1/32 aircraft. It would be a shame but despite what many may think or feel 1/32 is still very much a niche market.

1 hour ago, Redcap1960 said:

However, as per another (now closed) thread on the subject, isn’t CSM starting to move away from 1/32 aircraft and concentrate (horror of horrors for some) on 1/35 armoured vehicles instead, simply because it’s a far bigger market and they have had better take up on their excellent kit In this scale compared to the 1/32 aircraft. It would be a shame but despite what many may think or feel 1/32 is still very much a niche market.

True. In a way they created a market. But now the market taste has been acquired wouldn’t it be worth their while to do a SPAD or Hanriot HD1 ? But that’s only if there’s no competition and they are financial after this once in 100 year event.

And I guess they could do continue in 1/48 aircraft ...I know blasphemy!

But you’d have to admit a 48 scale Gotha would be easier 
to display?

I:DodgeBall: 

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Look up "optimistic" in a dictionary. Any dictionary.

Pup's post will staring back at you.

Ha ha it will! 

Cue: ‘Always look on the bright side of life...!’ :beer4:
But 2 reasons for optimism:

China is getting back into gear, and as mentioned

NZ is probably in the best position in regards getting on top of the virus. I read somewhere Cartograph is still working and Italy has now flattened to curve. 

The UK and US are getting hit hard but they didn’t win 2 world wars for nothing (although Germany has dealt with the situation better than most) Japan and Korea are getting through and Europe is looking to the other side. 

So yeah why not? Could be completely missing the mark in regards a future world depression but we’re not there yet :D

Edited by Pup7309