Ju 88 night fighter (G-1, G-10) books

LSP_K2

OK, fellas, I'd like some advice on really good Ju 88 night fighter books (if any exist). I realize the variety of available schemes may be somewhat limited with these versions, but that's what I'm really interested in the most.

Thanks a bunch,

Will try to locate what I have, trying to get the books sorted out after the move has been a bit fun but starting to get there I have quite a few on the Ju88 as we did a few bits in 1/48 will keep you posted.

Bob

4 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Will try to locate what I have, trying to get the books sorted out after the move has been a bit fun but starting to get there I have quite a few on the Ju88 as we did a few bits in 1/48 will keep you posted.

Bob

That would be great. While I already seem to have plenty on the A and perhaps even C, I have virtually nothing on the G's. 

4 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I suspect I've got something useful - I'll have a look over the next couple of days.

Terrific. I appreciate it, Dean.

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Did the G-10 ever actually serve in combat (besides as a Mistel)?

I really have no idea.

Hi Kevin

If you are looking for color schemes only, try and get the 1/48 sheet from Pastor John. I have not really seen any more well documented Ju 88 G's than the ones on the 1/48 sheet. BTW it is the same schemes that came with the initial 1/32 conversion. If they are not in stock I can scan the pictures for you.

Nick

As far as I know, no final book was ever dedicated to the Ju-88 nightighter with a really interesting set of pictures. You only have chapters in Ju-88 books. I think one of the best references I got was the Trojca Ju88 volume 2 but it has more plans than anything else. Generally, books dedicated to German nighfighters have a better coverage than the Ju88 books and, by the way, the situation is quite similar for the Me110G4. Out of my memory, the old Model Art dedicated to Luftwaffe nightfighters is an excellent reference on that topic.

Hth

Thierry

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Did you check in the Charlie Metz’s data base?  

Oh yes, and I have many of those references already.

49 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Quite a few pics of G-1's in 'Nightfighters Over the Reich - Manfred Griehl'

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

How about this... has quite a lot of info and photos etc..

Junkers Ju 88 in action by Captain Nemo - issuu https://issuu.com/cmjw24/docs/_aircraft_in_action_1113__brian_fil

Yes, I have both volumes of the Squadron/Signal Ju 88 books, but again, only very minor coverage of the G version.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:28 AM, AlanG said:

Quite a few pics of G-1's in 'Nightfighters Over the Reich - Manfred Griehl'

ON this recommendation, I bought the book and it arrived last week.  It has 15 pics of Ju-88G's. of varying usefulness.  If color scheme is the only thing you're looking for, there are 7 pics where the color scheme can be defined.

The more I look at Nachtjager color schemes, the more i realize that it was all up to the guy holding the paint gun.  I have seen patterns like the he-219 at Udvar Hazy, criss-cross patterns, large and small blotches, barely definable patterns, and many where it looks like the RLM 75 was almost completely covered with RLM 76.

Quite often the main difficulty is marrying call letters and numbers to a certain scheme, like this one that is in the book and available online:

full

A great scheme to try...  but no call more identification info to find.

9 hours ago, Gazzas said:

ON this recommendation, I bought the book and it arrived last week.

And what did you think of the book overall? I found it a good read.