Terrific start on the Scooter and looking forward to following your progress

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! It's great you checked out my first WIP thread. I'm figuring out how to do things as I go along so I apologize if my early attempts to do this are a little clunky. This website has bumped up my knowledge and skill level and I know that doing a WIP adds a combined interactive/informative exchange between members that I really like. Greg

Its a great build! A great aircraft for brazilian Navy - Marinha do Brasil.!!!!

Im brazilian and great onour for this navy...

What you need I be here for help you about more informations this A-4.

great job!

Congratulations!!

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Hey, it's great to have you on board! What do you know about the paint scheme? I have a decal sheet and the instructions call out these three FS numbers:

FS 26187

FS 26314

FS 26515

Accurate colors for the three greys on the AF-1?

I have decals you can have, they came in a set with Brazilian Lynx - the reason I bought them - can't remember the manufacturer, will find them and get back to you.

From this sheet

Wow! Thank you!

5t4OiRF.jpg

nGxa7a5.jpg

It is interesting to see these aircraft under different lighting conditions. I think the second picture shows a newer grey color painted on the AF-1 after it underwent a fleet wide upgrade program.

Edited by GDW

On 7/6/2018 at 4:43 PM, Marcel111 said:

Very nice start to an interssting subject. Just love the A-4!

Congrats on getting those vortex generators cleaned and folded, that will look so much better!

Marcel

gDvJAZx.jpg

You know, it wasn't that bad of a job. Time consuming, tedious towards the end but that's because I did them all at one go. There are thirty six on each wing. I put them in a seven day pill organizer for safe keeping. Eduard provides a LOT of extras which meant, if I mangled or launched some off the workbench (which I did), no big deal. By the way, the quality of my photoetch parts has been vastly improved by using the Tamiya diamond file. Left over tabs not trimmed closely enough are easily and precisely removed with this inexpensive tool. 

VtaRzAw.jpg

Edited by GDW

On 7/6/2018 at 12:47 AM, Anthony in NZ said:

Excellent choice of aircraft and great start!  I shall follow with great interest for my RNZAF build

Cheers

Anthony

I want to see that! Are you one of the people who signed up for a Kahu instrument panel and heads up display?

Edited by GDW

I'm the guy doing it...…..  I have a build thread on LSP showing some corrections that need to be made. But it is stalled whilst I sort the conversion out.  Eric Galliers has an Aussie one finished and has done the mods, his thread is on here too

On 7/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

I'm the guy doing it...…..  I have a build thread on LSP showing some corrections that need to be made. But it is stalled whilst I sort the conversion out.  Eric Galliers has an Aussie one finished and has done the mods, his thread is on here too

Ok. Nice to make your acquaintance. I will definitely check out your thread. I have gone through Erics build which is, as everyone who has seen it knows, awesome! I look forward to digging into to yours. Greg 

Edited by GDW

I just finished reading through your build today Anthony (Sunday). Holy smokes!  Some of the finest modeling I have ever seen! At this point, my work looks very good from about three feet away but what you are doing just looks better and better the closer you get! Absolutely gorgeous. It's so great you are posting your work, thanks.