pkWJy2V.jpg

In February, I decided I wanted to take a stab at building one of Trumpeters 1/32 Skyhawk kits. After seeing a build of the Hasegawa 1/48 Skyhawk in Brazilian Markings, I knew that I had found the version of the aircraft and paint scheme I wanted to portray. Now that it is June, I will have to take a hiatus from modeling but come September, this project will pick up steam again. In the meantime, I thought I would post some pictures of the project up to now.

Kit: 1/32 Trumpeter A-4M

Here are some of the additions...

-Eduard photoetch sets:

A-4M interior

A-4M slats

A-4M exterior

- Profimodeller set:

32098 Gun Barrels and Fuel Port

- Avionix A-4M Skyhawk cockpit BLC32058

- AMS resin intakes

- Wolfpack A-4H/N IDF conversion set

Edited by GDW

Normally I start with the cockpit but in this case, the Avionix set had not arrived in the mail yet. Therefore, since the Eduard exterior photoetch set was in my possession, I decided to tackle the job of cutting and folding the tiny vortex generators on the wings first. These delicate tabs are going to be left off the wings until just before paint.

SLpU6SG.jpg

28StlTX.jpg

2i5xnDf.jpg

Evident in the above photo is the recess Trumpeter engineered into the front of the wing to accommodate the leading edge slats, in the closed position. There is not a step on the wing like that on the real aircraft. Since the slats will be deployed on my model, this area is exposed.

Edited by GDW

Looking good! I've taken the liberty of editing your last post, and directly pasting in an image from the link you posted. I'm not that familiar with Imgur, and couldn't find a way to grab an individual image's URL from the Imgur page they were on. You must have to be the logged-in user to access those things.

Kev

Thanks Kevin! Yeah, I have been attempting to post images from my Kindle because my laptop is down and out. I'll be gosh darned if I can figure it out. The very first link was a HTML image option on the IMGUR drop down list. I thought maybe once I hit post, the image it is linked to might appear on my LSP post... nope

Sweet! Finally managed to post an image. Thanks again Kevin for your help. For those of you reading this after the fact, when I started this, I only knew how to post links to the photos you now see.

Edited by GDW

Sort of. I have a beautiful set of 1/48 FCM decals which has the markings I want (FCM48-044). Also on the instructions are FS numbers for the paint scheme. Felipe Miranda, the man behind FCM Decals, told me he will be releasing this set on 1/32 down the road. At this point in time, I believe I will have to make my own.

www.fcm.eti.br

http://www.fcm.eti.br/48.html

Edited by GDW

Guest Peterpools

Terrific start on the Scooter and looking forward to following your progress

Keep ‘em comin

Peter