Yak 9 M/T Silver wings 1/32

Zero77

You can get external USB cd drives on Amazon for under $30. I have too much older stuff to not have one.

I suggest getting one with a plug in power supply; my MS Surface was having problems supplying enough power through the USB interface.

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

You can get external USB cd drives on Amazon for under $30. I have too much older stuff to not have one.

I suggest getting one with a plug in power supply; my MS Surface was having problems supplying enough power through the USB interface.

They are available - I have an old Dell one, salvaged from an old Dell laptop -  which is why it's not a deal breaker, as I just upload it to Google Drive and then chuck the DVD's.

But I think everybody has internet access, so downloading would satisfy a larger audience, for less money.

By the way, Google Drive is a thing of wonder.

4 hours ago, DeanKB said:

But I think everybody has internet access, so downloading would satisfy a larger audience, for less money.

By the way, Google Drive is a thing of wonder.

Good on all points Dean....................

I think DLable instructions would and could not only save the company money, but like Fundekals, allow the user to see the instructions prior to purchase so it may help be a deciding factor for someone who was not going to purchase them, but if the instructions are done well, may push them to pull the trigger. 

I remember the days before Google drive................having to wonder what do do (beyond ones own FTP server) with or how to move about our larger files. GD pretty much wiped those worries out. 

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Good on all points Dean....................

I think DLable instructions would and could not only save the company money, but like Fundekals, allow the user to see the instructions prior to purchase so it may help be a deciding factor for someone who was not going to purchase them, but if the instructions are done well, may push them to pull the trigger. 

I remember the days before Google drive................having to wonder what do do (beyond ones own FTP server) with or how to move about our larger files. GD pretty much wiped those worries out. 

I've got an unlimited Google Drive Account, and I'm currently using 1.4TB of storage - pretty much all books.

I don't have to worry about my hard drive failing, I can access them on any computer with internet access, I can sync folders & files to my laptop for offline use, I can easily share stuff with just an email or a link, and I can use internet explorer to access, rename, move or delete the files, just exactly the same as if the files were on my SSD.

And, I can search in Google Drive to find exactly what I want, instead of relying upon Windows file explorer search facility, which stinks.

Having gone through a hard drive failure years ago, I'm never going back to local storage.

Please don't stop putting the CD's in the boxes, though! My internet connection sucks. Google Doc and its brethren are basically worthless to me. It would take nearly an hour for me to download 100MB's, with all the timeouts I would get. Updating my iPhone's iOS is pure torture as every time it times out, they start over.

14 minutes ago, Silver Wings said:

Does anyone know how to turn on email notifications if someone replies in the topic I'm subscribed for? "Notify me of replies" is ON, still nothing comes.

Under your profile menu (top right of screen), select "Manage Followed Content", and then make sure this thread is in the list, and also set to "Immediate Notification". You can change how this works by selecting the "Change Preferences" option associated with each followed item. If all that seems correct, and you're still not getting notifications, I'll have to dig deeper.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...