1/200 HMS Rodney with Shagbat: Maintopmast and Topgallant

Uncarina

Brilliant stuff - keep it coming! 

Iain

Iain,

Thank you! Your encouragement means a lot.

Cheers, Tom

Tom, you're off with another amazing build! It's great to see you're as varied as many others on here in your interests.

Carl

Carl, thank you! I hope to see this through. I am looking forward to painting, and this will be a real jigsaw puzzle for the right sequence.

Cheers, Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin,

Thanks! The cost of the Pontos set was equivalent to the kit, with thirteen sheets of photoetch. I'm nuts! Actually, the set is essential to build this kit in the Admiralty camouflage scheme that dates from 1942. The kit as depicted would be more accurate for a 1941 all-grey version.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Guest Maxim

Great progress and it's coming together nicely.

I'll still only up to the main deck with my Missouri and I lashed out and bought the 1/200 USS Hornet yesterday with Pontos deluxe set. 

Looking real good, Tom, very nice indeed.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to painting, but all of the brass reminds me how different this is from the stock kit, which is nicely outfitted with photoetch to begin with.

Cheers, Tom

Great progress and it's coming together nicely.

I'll still only up to the main deck with my Missouri and I lashed out and bought the 1/200 USS Hornet yesterday with Pontos deluxe set.

Thanks! I know the feeling. The Hornet will be very impressive, and a great companion to the Missouri. I did get a 1/35 Schnellboot recently, but I am really looking forward to the release of the 78' Higgins boat. My uncle commanded Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 15 (MTBRon 15). That will be a drop everything build!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Guest Maxim

The 1/35 Schnellboot is a really nice kit and looks impressive when finished.I never like the Higgins much but l do like the Eclo 80ft.

What paint scheme will you have the Rodney in?

Just noticed your in Tucson! Beautiful place! I love the surrounding desert.

Thanks! I know the feeling. The Hornet will be very impressive, and a great companion to the Missouri. I did get a 1/35 Schnellboot recently, but I am really looking forward to the release of the 78' Higgins boat. My uncle commanded Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 15 (MTBRon 15). That will be a drop everything build!

Cheers, Tom

If you were not already aware, Squadron does a nice walk around type book on the Higgins boats.