Wood grain decals

Dainis

Hi everybody. This is my first post on lsp. My question involves the application of Uschi and HGW wood grain decals.(In this case WNW Albatros dva). Reading the online instructions for HGW cookie cutter wood grain it sounds like you spray clear directly on the decal sheet. Am I understanding this correctly? Second question: Is one product more user friendly than another. I ask this because I found that not all lozenge decals are created equal.Thanks for any advice you can throw my way. Looking forward to the forum responses. Cheers!

I've only tried interiors imitating with oil wood grain to good effect. What was the biggest issue you found with the decals? Application, realism or just a real pain? Thanks for the reply!

I've only tried interiors imitating with oil wood grain to good effect. What was the biggest issue you found with the decals? Application, realism or just a real pain? Thanks for the reply!

Realism, they just looked like they were decals. I can see that painting the whole outside of an aircraft would be a pain. I would tell you to try them, you might have better luck.

Very nice wood grain decal work messrs aircare and Hatch. May I ask what uschi wood grain decals were used on these subjects? And are they transluscent or solid? Thanks for your help!

I would really like to know the product codes for these decals because they look great! There re so many woodgrain decals available that I'd like to buy a couple of sheets that I know will be good so airfare and James - which ones ate they? I am looking at the Uschi site and I see 1001 to 1011 - to much choice!!

Any preshading? I can't really tell. How fragile are the uschi decals (prone to ripping, reaction to setting solutions etc)? I'm not a brute but wondering if I need a heads up. Thanks