Heinkel He -111.

TimHepplestone

that second pic, the gondola right in the middle (H-2 to H-4) is the one which is so frustratingly out of reach!

re props, have you contacted Revell for spare parts (sorry if you have and i missed that post)?

i couldn't see clearly in the pics you posted of your build - is your aircraft A1+BT?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-343-0694-21,_Belg

note the really sloppy overspray on the wing formation marking - really sloppy work, and must have been the world's largest mask!

Yep that's the one. Xtradecsls also show the overspray in their instructions. I'm summoning up the courage to do that. Also thinking about weathering the wings and fuselage. A few photos show it looks a little tatty, especially around areas where the crew might have walked. Thinking careful use of oils for that. As for the props I might try Revell if I get no joy here. I still have an order of modeling goodies from Germany stuck in South African customs that has been there since January. Welcome to Africa!!!

Just about finished with the underside, Added the dangly bits and did a panel line wash with paynes grey and brunt umber oils. Added heavy exhaust stains as per most reference pics. Initially used a  thin mix of tamya hull red and black, then accentuated the middle areas with thinned tamiya nato black.  Some streaking with water colour pencils and enamels. Still needs a flat coat to tie it all together.

1X8TlWXl.jpg

BvxHGx5l.jpg

More restrained on the top. Just a panel line wash and then oil dot filters on the areas inside the walkways. Just tried to get some subtle fading here and there where crew might have left footmarks

YiHwJ8hl.jpg

Once again will need a flat coat to tie it down. Think I'm going to relook in a day. May some streaking to get it close to this

cuySzrgl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nick. And thanks for the info on the pm. Here are some of the drawings I'm using as reference

https://imgur.com/a/jtxWe

And

https://i.imgur.com/RPu3j4q.png

The props are bothering me so I'm scrounging around local forums for an old unwanted P version. So far the search for am props has proven elusive.

The I put from LSP members has been absolutely brilliant. With a bit of luck I'll get 90% there and that will suit me. I am amazed the Revell skipped the Battle of Britain when deciding what versions to produce though.

Are the blades of the H3 prop the same as the Ju88 A1? If so, I've some leftover blades from my Ju388 (8 to be precise). 

Thanks Brad. They really got dirty underneath. Interesting how the port stabilizer is so much dirtier than the starboard

Well, that one did anyway. Looks like the port engine is running a lot richer than the starboard

Richard

• 3 weeks later...