Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

With all eight pin marks now dealt with to my satisfaction, I've added the cowl/exhaust flaps (the fit was perfect), and sprayed the interior surfaces with Tamiya black lacquer. If you fellas haven't yet tried this paint, grab yourself a bottle; it sprays like a dream.

3nBZWm.jpg

Again, the fit of the exhaust flaps is really as good as it gets, wonderful engineering on the part of Hasegawa.

QuG8rd.jpg

For whatever bizarre reason, I completely neglected to spray the yellow for the prop tip bands. This has now been done, using Floquil UP Armor yellow, my go-to paint for this sort of thing.

jArzrY.jpg

Rear of blades were not done to my satisfaction, so I've now resprayed the tips with MM aluminum. Once I then add the brown back, I'll scour it up better than what I'd done previously.

MMeaTh.jpg

Some very fine work, Kevin.  Did you end up using flat sheet to cover the ejector pin mark in the wheel well cover?  Pin marks surrounded by detail have always been my worst nightmare.  I've generally taken the cowardly way out and left them be.  But I will try to cover them with sheet in the future.

Gaz

Some very fine work, Kevin.  Did you end up using flat sheet to cover the ejector pin mark in the wheel well cover?  Pin marks surrounded by detail have always been my worst nightmare.  I've generally taken the cowardly way out and left them be.  But I will try to cover them with sheet in the future.

Gaz

I haven't done anything at all to them yet, but I'll soon be ordering this Mission Models upgrade kit for my micro chisel, and I''m hoping that'll help me do the trick. If not, yes, I'll cover them with .005 plastic, then fair them in with Mister Surfacer. For a model that's destined for the contest table, I absolutely will eliminate them, one way or another.

I'm just a painting fool today, I guess. Here I've sprayed the acrylic base coat for the oil based woodgraining to follow on the headrest.

oGeuIh.jpg

Spinner backplate sprayed aluminum; needs more work though, as the photo shows.

UNEh0r.jpg

That is quite a chisel set.  I have some wood chisels in my shed and a bench grinder....   see where I'm going?

Anyway...  The N1K1 is probably my second most favorite aircraft ever and I'm enjoying watching your work.

Gaz

Still more work here; small stuff, but things that need doing. It's not very likely at all that the rear of the spinner black plate will be visible on the finished kit, but with four ejector pin marks, I needed to be sure, so cut a disk of .010 and glued it in place. Once it's thoroughly dry, I'll clean it up with some surfacer, and paint it aluminum.

pSOvGa.jpg

Wow, you really have been on a painting kick! Really looks great, and seems progress is progressing for sure

I haven't done anything at all to them yet, but I'll soon be ordering this Mission Models upgrade kit for my micro chisel, and I''m hoping that'll help me do the trick. If not, yes, I'll cover them with .005 plastic, then fair them in with Mister Surfacer. For a model that's destined for the contest table, I absolutely will eliminate them, one way or another.

That MM chisel set looks quite handy indeed!  I made my own from a pin-vice and an extra thick needle I cut and flattened, but having round and various shaped heads could by even better.

Wow, you really have been on a painting kick! Really looks great, and seems progress is progressing for sure

That MM chisel set looks quite handy indeed!  I made my own from a pin-vice and an extra thick needle I cut and flattened, but having round and various shaped heads could by even better.

Thanks, Brian. Yes, there are times when I really enjoy airbrushing some stuff. Spraying paint is just a pure joy for me. And the Mission Models set is being purchased primarily for the extra Allen wrench, which is tiny, as I lost my original, plus it won't hurt at all to have those extra narrow chisels either.