Six Camels!!

Guest Smitty44

Well, just for the sake of conversation, the Roden Sopwith Tripe is a pretty good kit also. WNW did a Sopwith Tripe too and has been sold out for a while now...there is obviously room for improvement.

There was something about the Roden fuselage that was screwed up. Aside from that, I recall hearing that it was a decent kit.

Guest Smitty44

I see no Dr.I anywhere, but the Triplane has been on other box art in the past, I'm quite sure of that.

On the BR 1 Box art there is a Dr 1

On the BR 1 Box art there is a Dr 1

OK, and so there is. Not sure if's just my browser or what, but that kit shows up as just a black and white image for me (on the home page); once I click on it though, then I see box art, which I had not previously done.

Camel_zpszxbytjtz.jpg

This is long awaited.

I confess to not being much of fan of bipes but a WNW Camel is just the ticket.

I've read that customs can up the price by quite an amount here in the UK.

Can anyone suggest what the final total might come to, including shipping and taxes please?

Cheers

Can anyone suggest what the final total might come to, including shipping and taxes please?

I think when they appear at the Weta site you will know the price. For now, it's guessing.

Well that Dueling release will give me some thought's about buying this. Still i'm not sure, because i don't like the color scheme's included.

The other Camel release are just great, lot's of cool stuff. I think we can expect a very colorful collection of Camels over here on LSP.

Greetz

Danny

This is long awaited.

I confess to not being much of fan of bipes but a WNW Camel is just the ticket.

I've read that customs can up the price by quite an amount here in the UK.

Cheers

Well, the £:$ rate is around 1.21, so that's the same as adding 21% VAT.

So the price will be roughly the same in £ as it says in $'s, plus add around £10 for shipping.

The roden Tripe is pretty good, not sure how much WNW could improve it.

The Roden decals are $hit, so I can see lots of improvement there, but the rest is pretty good, and i'll add that the Avis Fokker DVIII is pretty good as well.

Isn't the Roden Tripe fuselage too short? Roden based it upon the original Pup fuselage, before it was lengthened?

6mm too short, which on a tiny little model like this may be noticeable. Wife thinks so.

I saw the navalised Camel & thought of you - USAS one as well, obviously.

I must say I'm not blown away by the six offerings. If there's one kit that six boxings is a stretch for, it's any British WWI fighter. They just didn't have the multitude of colours and finishes that would justify so many choices, at least to me.

The LVG C.VI in the duellist set is the way forward for WNW with "Sold Out" kits, it seems. Chuck 'em in a box with something else, a sweetener.

Kudo's to WNW for developing SIX boxings of a kit with not a whisper of what they were doing leaking out. Phenomenal.

As you'll probably guess, I'll buy the duellist boxing, but get some Aviattic & Pheon decals. And the 2.F1, done as a Comic night fighter.

They will be my first allied WW1 kits!

I hoped seeing a Wolesley Viper SE5 but it seems WNW is not in a hurry to decline this kit...

They have said previously they had no plans to do a Viper engined SE.5a.

They also said they'd not do a Camel, they'd do Special Editions, they'd do 1/32 figures, they'd do photo-etch rigging, they'd not move delivery from NZ, etc - so you never know!