Kawasaki Ki-61-I Hien | ST 28 Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

This is fantastic as I have a Tony. I have everything bar the metal machine guns. I must get some. They look superb.

I have a number of Japanese birds in my stash. The Nate and Claude from Special hobby, Zero from Tamiya, Frank, George and Tony from Hasegawa.

When I was younger I found that once I began building Japanese aeroplanes I couldn't stop.

This is very inspirational to me. I also like that the montex masks do not look absolutely perfect. For example, D Day stripes. 

Thanks for sharing this Hubert. Great work.  :goodjob:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gents.

Clear cote (Sidolux, a Polish Future), wash (Deep Grey Panel Liner) and pigments (Gunmetal Smoke AK) applied. This gives a shading effect, probably a little too strong in some places - but that can be easily fixed.

Hope you like it.

2rRLwd.jpg

yeSIJn.jpg

PssOM2.jpg

qwnUGH.jpg

WLotG8.jpg

TXdZVf.jpg

Best 

Hubert

This is like a book on how to build the Tony correctly.

Many thanks again for sharing. I am looking forward to building mine.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned the forward fuselage had to be manipulated into fitting. Hubert, do you think thinning the sidewalls with a Dremel tool would help with this issue before placing the Aires cockpit inside? Or would it not matter?

Many thanks. Dale.

Many thanks for your nice comments. 

This is like a book on how to build the Tony correctly.

Many thanks again for sharing. I am looking forward to building mine.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned the forward fuselage had to be manipulated into fitting. Hubert, do you think thinning the sidewalls with a Dremel tool would help with this issue before placing the Aires cockpit inside? Or would it not matter?

Many thanks. Dale.

I'm sure that thinning the sidewalls would have been helpful, however wasn't necessary here. Little pressure was required, securing the connection with piece of a tape for the setting time and a very little amount of filler - that's all.

Fit of this Aires cockpit is among the best I have ever seen.  

Thanks for watching

Best regards

Hubert

Many thanks for your nice comments. 

I'm sure that thinning the sidewalls would have been helpful, however wasn't necessary here. Little pressure was required, securing the connection with piece of a tape for the setting time and a very little amount of filler - that's all.

Fit of this Aires cockpit is among the best I have ever seen.  

Thanks for watching

Best regards

Hubert

Cheers Hubert.

I am currently enjoying two Tony builds. I feel rather spoiled. ;)

(does a little dance)  :party0023:

Thanks, Gents :)

Looking at the wheel well covers from Hasegawa's box I realized, that they need much more attention, than usually required. So I decided to take an easy way. 

With a little help from QB.

These look much better I think.

CHAPX5.jpg

yyupob.jpg

Stay tuned, best regards

Hubert

Thanks, Gents :)

Moving forward, have just installed the position lights (these will be painted with Vallejo clear paints), the reflector housing (fit - absolutely perfect, no glue required), corrected the weathering on the tail, the upper surfaces of ailerons and horizontal tail have been painted with well diluted IJA Green, a remnant of the original camouflage of this machine.

rsSEDt.jpg

uSkVwT.jpg

SccDHA.jpg

Vwc26Z.jpg

Yp9p6I.jpg

Almost all photographs and drawings of the actual aircraft show, that housing of the Venturi tube was removed. I decided to reflect this detail - how do you think? The tube from the box - for comparison.

3K18PE.jpg

Stay tuned, best regards
Hubert

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great. My particular aircraft didn't have the venturi either, so I just filled the hole with putty.

Thanks, Kev.

As for the Venturi tube, this particular aircraft had it mounted as most of the 244th Sentai planes, but for some reasons it has been modified, by removing the tube, but the device previously hidden in the tube remained. That's what I'm going to show.

Not much time for hobby recently and I have other projects on the run, so just few minor touch-ups and the position lights painted with Vallejo's transparent (well, I was hoping these will be more transparent actually) colours.

30517590986_7e7c40c479_b.jpg

30517592626_7419eb3242_b.jpg

30254924390_e4a26831a9_b.jpg

Haven't taken any photos of the remaining parts under construction (landing gear, exhausts, etc), but I'm pretty close to have the Swallow done.

Best regards

Hubert