Major Kit Database Upgrade

LSP_Kevin

:wow: !

Another great reason to visit this site daily (as if I needed any more ;) )

Fantastic idea and very useful. Well done guys ! Is the DB links currently working just for the 3 examples shown or for more subjects ? (I checked the P-51 one, but was lazy to check another kit then these 3)

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

That is amazing chaps and sooooo useful! I always do a lot of research before and whilst building a model and you've just made this task much easier and more focussed. A huge thank you to Ks 1 and 2 and any other backroom boys who've had a hand in it. I agree entirely with Hubert, my addiction to LSP is now even stronger!

Max

Edited by mozart

Fantastic idea and very useful. Well done guys ! Is the DB links currently working just for the 3 examples shown or for more subjects ? (I checked the P-51 one, but was lazy to check another kit then these 3)

Hubert

It's growing all the time, Hubert, and the process is far from complete. Some kits also just don't have much related data (no reviews, for example). We've still got a long way to go, but it will progress almost every day.

Kev

To all involved - an outstanding piece of work! Regardless, it appears to be labor intensive.

P.S. I didn't see an entry for the Z-M Shinden...

Edit: Correction. It shows if I filter by "Zoukei-Mura" but I don't see it on the main database page.

Edited by Bill_S

Hubert

There are probably about 8 or 10 that are mostly finished, out of 600 plus kits in the database. This is going to take some serious time. I'll post some additional links here for all to view.

To all involved - an outstanding piece of work! Regardless, it appears to be labor intensive.

P.S. I didn't see an entry for the Z-M Shinden...

It is. :)  Subjects that I'm choosing, are being done in a sort of random fashion, based upon whatever I'm interested in at that particular moment. Grabbing the Mustang right off the bat was an eye opener, as there are no less than eight Mustang kit families, and most individual items (references in particular) each had to be associated with each of those eight families.

This will be incredibly useful. I do use Scalemates a great deal to peruse large scale jet models so it will be good to do this here and get all the LSP WIP threads as they are a wealth of knowledge, but often quite elusive because of varied and random titling and subheading by the original author. Nice to have them whipped into formation.

Tony

I use Scalemates a lot. It acts as a database for my stash. It's useful for pricing, as it has retailers prices for stuff that's still on sale.

Where it's weak, and LSP will be strong, is linking kits to build logs. It relies upon members to add links for review, build logs, etc, which means it can be a bit hit & miss. However, it does link to multiple websites, so it can offer an idea of what's out there.

So I think Scalemates will continue to be useful for the wider view and give a general idea, whilst LSP will give a far more detailed & accurate look at the 1/32 market.

I think they'll work very well together. As they are not offering the same thing.

It looks like you're tackling the heavy hitters first, Kevin.  Eventually, it will get really easy! Thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks for the support, Bill.

I'm kind of taking them by subjects that appeal to me, and the Eagle definitely qualifies. When there are many kit families, with a correspondingly large amount of references and other data (think Bf 109 here), those will be very time consuming indeed.

The Mustang was the worst/best that I've tackled so far, as there are at least eight distinct Mustang kit families, and gobs of corresponding data, and every item of data (in certain categories) needs to be associated with each of the eight families, references for example.

Thanks for the support, Bill.

I'm kind of taking them by subjects that appeal to me, and the Eagle definitely qualifies. When there are many kit families, with a correspondingly large amount of references and other data (think Bf 109 here), those will be very time consuming indeed.

The Mustang was the worst/best that I've tackled so far, as there are at least eight distinct Mustang kit families, and gobs of corresponding data, and every item of data (in certain categories) needs to be associated with each of the eight families, references for example.

Phantoms should be interesting, too!