LSP used during Vietnam "Conflict"...what comes next?

Barry

With the recent releases from KHM of the OV-10 and T-28 and the reported up coming releases from Roden of the O-1 and O-2 what comes next?

1. OV-1, Mohawk

2. A/B-26K, Counter Invader

3. HH-53C, Super Jolly Green Giant, WOW!

4. AC/C-130, Specter Gunship, Herculies ,  WOW!

5. AC-119, Stinger Gunship

6. AC-47, Spooky Gunship

7. KC-135A Tanker, WOW!

8. B-52D/G, BUFF, WOW, WOW!

9. U-2, Dragon Lady

10. SR-71, Habu, WOW!

11. Pilatus Porter, Air America "Scare America"!

12. C-123, many guises

13. C-17, Caribou

14. F-5A, Freedom Fighter

15. CH-54, Tarhe "Skycrane"

16. HH-3, Jolly Green Giant

What else? :hmmm:

Edited by Barry

Guest Smitty44

I would love to see a C-130 series. Huge kit, but imagine all the possibilities!! We could very well see a AC-47 with the release of the HPH C-47 kit, and Tan models is doing a couple F-5s.

Edited by Smitty44

Hello,

The H-34 will be released by Fly. I would also add at least the A-37, F-101, F-102 and F-111 to the air force list. By the way, you forgot all the Navy/Marines airframes!

Sea Knight, Sea King, Sea Stallion, Skywarrior, Vigilante, Tracker/Tracer/Trader, Hawkeye, A-4B Skyhawks, etc...

Some of these airframes are more probable candidates than the large transport planes. In this perspective, you forgot the C-141 and C-5A ;-)

To me, this shows what are the kits we will see in the following years as most of the kits we mentioned are far too large to be reasonable contenders! So, we will surely get the F-5, Mohawk, Pilatus and A-37. They are reasonably small and offer tons of marking options. For the other ones such as the F-101, F-111, A-26 or Vigilante, wait and see... I would not hold my breath for larger kits!

Thierry

I don't want to go off topic, but the same applies to the Korean conflict, still plenty of subjects to do there in our scale.

Nice to see that the Vietnam birds are slowly appearing, but I would like to add one major subject and that's the AD5/A1E twin seater!

Lot's of users and some lovely markings for it, and it was extensively used by the SV AF until the reunification of the two countries.

Keep 'em coming folks!

Within the next four-five years from Tan Model...

F-111A - whoosh!

RF-4 Photo Phantom (an accurate one)

Plus an F-4B from Hong Kong Models

Don't forget TF77: Sikorsky SH-3, North American RA-5C, Grumman EA-6B and Douglas EKA-3B

Tony

edited for editing purposes to edit something

Edited by Tony T

Oh, and an EF-10B DRUT would be nice.

As would a Dash Sixty huffer from Videoaviation, to go with his lovely MJ-1 jammer and MHU bomb trolley.

Tony

I would like  Videoaviation to scale up the Coleman Tow Tractor.

Barry

I think most/all of those cargo ones wouldn't happen in 32 because of their size. As much as I like Vietnam era subjects,the list for 32 is getting pretty low for ones I'd like to see at this point because of reasonable size constraints.

I wish other versions of already released kits would happen in plastic, like A-7A/B, A-4B/C, EA-6A.

Hoping of course Roden release multiple O-1 and O-2 variants.

The F-5 and A-37 would be great in 1/32 with their smallish size and USAF and VNAF users.

I'd love the EF-10 but only for the chance it means for a Korean F3D instead.

The F-111 and B-57 would be my choice, though again pushing my personal size limits. More options/potential for Canberra/B-57 line of kits.

All Vietnam helos need to come out in 1/35, at least the AH-1G and UH-1H. Anything larger than the H-46 would be pushing it for size.