Fozzie

Hi all

I've made a start on the cockpit first off I went with the grey then highlighted over the top with a lighter grey, next I picked out the cockpit switches and instruments with a tooth pick using Tamiya X-18.  After this had dried I then went on to use rub n buff silver to highlight the wear on the floor and seat once this had set then a wash of payne's grey and vandyke brown was then put to use.  The whole lot was then sealed with johnsons klear, well here's a couple of pic's enjoy.

Thanks Shawn well your wait wasn't to long I hope.

DSC04658_zpsjhskvnah.jpg

DSC04659_zpsdfv7v6n3.jpg

DSC04660_zpsglcnt70a.jpg

After the drying process the cockpit was then glued to one side of the fuzz.

DSC04661_zpssxbiafrt.jpg

Cheers all more soon.

Clive

Hi guys

Harv, Rick and Maru thanks for the interest, here's another little update just got the radial done so it will be fitted tomorrow now as I'm off to the land of ZZZZZ's.

IMG_1513_zpshlka7sg2.jpg

IMG_1512_zpsovbjholt.jpg

IMG_1516_zpsmxhqyhk8.jpg

IMG_1517_zpsqf1cdkqs.jpg

This was a quick dry fit and there's a little fit issue that needs fixing so tomorrow it is.

IMG_1520_zpsaqkmlq3y.jpg

IMG_1521_zps0ehfrkk1.jpg

This is the airframe I spent most of today spraying this up.

IMG_1511_zpszeghzqyj.jpg

Well that's all folks till the next one bye.

Clive

Hi Shawn

she's quite a straight forward kit this one so progress is quick, although today the only thing I've got done is the exhausts and mounting the engine to the main frame.  She's had to sit drying under stress as the engine mount when fitted looks great until you marry the engine, this points upwards and needs to be corrected.  She's all good now so I will take some snaps tomorrow but for now here's a little progress.

These first two pic's are just test fitting the engine before committing the glue.

DSC04679_zps8wkwocg3.jpg

DSC04678_zpspfwid5ap.jpg

DSC04677_zpsbok1dnoo.jpg

DSC04683_zpsk6ssiqwh.jpg

And if it could not get any better the Arado won 1st place in her class last night.

DSC04699_zpsty0bicqb.jpg

That's all for now more soon.

Clive

Hi all

a bit slow on this one as things needed to dry due to odd fitting items, the engine mount fitted perfectly but once the engine was placed upon it the whole thing was pointing upwards.  So she spent the next two days drying whilst being bound up with elastic bands to get the engine sitting right.  Still I got on with a few other things being the wheels and centerline fuel tank, the tank is now on and the wheels are needing to be finished.  Here's a few pic's of where I'm at now enjoy.

DSC04702_zps3yfhumuz.jpg

DSC04700_zpsjytc5rqi.jpg

DSC04701_zpszpcbdomy.jpg

DSC04708_zpsr1niau1a.jpg

DSC04709_zpsr7razwk2.jpg

DSC04711_zpsimzhkt6s.jpg

DSC04712_zpsk9bq2xv9.jpg

DSC04706_zpsmmhylnkv.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and for your interest see you soon.

Clive

Nice start and you've done a great job so far, but I feel compelled to point out a couple of things before you get way too far along.. For one, the Reich Defense Band is too far back on the tail, it should stop at the joint line before the main tail assembly and the armour headrest is wrong for that canopy. You have the blown canopy headrest on the flat canopy.

It looks great other than that..

hth...

Harry

Here is an example of what I mean by the RDB..

FW190A8-JG4-W11--WrkN681497-1945-401f-s_

Edited by hworth18

Hi there 

thanks Harv and thanks Harry for your kind input.  The canopy I knew about that and have changed it already,but the defense stripe is a different matter altogether.  The Fw190 I'm doing is the top one in the pictures below, below that is the only picture I could find trawling the net of a JG 4 bird albeit its an Fw190D but as you can see the stripes go up onto the tail and it's even longer than the Fw190 A8.  As I can not find much in the way of photo's on the actual bird I'm modelling I'm going to leave it as it is, as I think it is down to the amount of lettering on the side of the A/C explained below.

042bba84945b6ce926b7c4208974cfcf_zpsncht

Fw190D but the stripes go up the tail.

1be5cee3030445f269c4a908ae0fc1b7_zpsdhbk

This A/C below has a number in white and a long white stripe going through the defense band.

FW%20190%20A8%2011%20blanc%20poster%20co

This A/C below which is the one I'm doing has more charecters on the side pushing the defense stripe further back towards the tail.

miniTC_35_profile_8_zpse409xwbp.jpg

Thanks again for the help and more soon.

Clive

Edited by Fozzie

Ok, thanks for the clarification.. the RDB on that 190A isn't standard and that's what always makes this stuff fun..lol

Glad to hear you've fixed the canopy, that was probably more of an issue than the tail band.